Review: Lyne Contour Dropper Seatpost

Matt

Dropper posts have fast become an expected feature on any decent trail bike and increasingly seen on marathon and cross country offerings. With the rise in popularity comes an influx of feedback on the variety of options available. Amongst the many satisfied dropper owners we see a littering of complaints about the high costs of market leaders and the inferiority of many of the low cost contenders.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the look of these and if there is a 120 external then that would be a winner. And to be honest that 1x trigger is a great idea.

They just need to make that trigger available for other makes (giant... hint, hint) or my current post needs to pack up so I have an excuse to get one of these! 

Great to see a SA company in the market and bringing real world value, a quality product and backing themselves with the warranty and the cartridge. Good luck! 

Considering the price, quality, warranty and service cost. A few more options in post diametre and travel and we could have a market killer for droppers in SA. Forking out 6k on a 125mm stealth reverb seems really silly now. 

The real test of droppers is the long-term reliability. Months of uppy-downy in different weather conditions. People thought Crankbrother's first 2 dropper posts (Joplin and Chronolog) were great for the first week.... 

But I'm stoked that there is a competitive local product emerging, I hope it measures up. 

Good review. 

Considering the price, quality, warranty and service cost. A few more options in post diametre and travel and we could have a market killer for droppers in SA. Forking out 6k on a 125mm stealth reverb seems really silly now. 

rebuilding / servicing one, even sillier and exactly why I got one of these....thusfar, not an issue

Will that 1x trigger work with a giant post ? The giant switch is seriously lacking in design and I would love to replace it with that "shifter" like trigger

Will that 1x trigger work with a giant post ? The giant switch is seriously lacking in design and I would love to replace it with that "shifter" like trigger

yep it will, but it appears they do not have stock...

yep it will, but it appears they do not have stock...

bought one to replace my current giant "trigger"

just haven't around to doing it yet

this is the plan

knarp

post-8906-0-38076200-1471528731.jpg

it will go here

post-8906-0-86880700-1471528753_thumb.jpg

post-8906-0-16467500-1471528751_thumb.jpg

where can I put my name down for an order?

Hi there,

Alternatively, go to www.lynecomponents.com, look at the dropper post options then click on the "Buy Now" button to go to the online store.

More stock, including 1x levers, will be available during next week.

Lyne Team

There will be three more options available from sometime next week: 31.6 x 120mm externally routed, 30.9 x 150mm internally routed and 27.2 x 105mm internally routed

Lyne Team

There will be three more options available from sometime next week: 31.6 x 120mm externally routed, 30.9 x 150mm internally routed and 27.2 x 105mm internally routed

Lyne Team

Great work guys. Best of luck and i truly hope your product is successful. Will visit you guys first when in the market for one.