KingTJ

Hi  Folks

Need some help in selecting a new saddle...I have owned a couple of FIzzik GObi's,  but they keep on cracking every 2 years or so. I use to weight 120kg's , which I think played a mayor part in the cracking of the Gobi's....I have since bought it down to a respectable 94kgs. The problem is I still need a new seat, can you guys recommend me a lekker saddle for trail riding / enduro/ jumping the odd ramp or 5 ...

thanks guys .. 

Oh yeah, budget is flexible but i don't want to spank the bank either.

I've just ordered this beauty from Tredz @ £17. Can't wait to get, recommendations and reviews have been rave. Wiggle have them in Black for £15. Shipping is pretty low, no duties and because it will drop below the R500 limit the VAT might not apply (don't quote me though!)

http://www.tredz.co.uk/prodimg/65215_3_SuperSize.jpg

Hi there KingTG, are you really willing to gamble your bucks using advice from others regarding saddle choice? Saddle choice differ from person to person. Go to a bike shop, measure those sit bones, check your flexibility and ask them for some test saddles to try out.

Edited by Sparki 1

I've just ordered this beauty from Tredz @ £17. Can't wait to get, recommendations and reviews have been rave. Wiggle have them in Black for £15. Shipping is pretty low, no duties and because it will drop below the R500 limit the VAT might not apply (don't quote me though!)

http://www.tredz.co.uk/prodimg/65215_3_SuperSize.jpg

Been riding a Charge Spoon (black with red logo) for the last 18 months on my road bike, very comfy saddle!!

Hi there KingTG, are you really willing to gamble your bucks using advice from others regarding saddle choice? Saddle choice differ from person to person. Go to a bike shop, measure those sit bones, check your flexibility and ask them for some test saddles to try out.

I think he is wise asking,lots of bike shops don't have the necessary equipment and don't have test saddles so some advice and guidance won't hurt.

I think he is wise asking,lots of bike shops don't have the necessary equipment and don't have test saddles so some advice and guidance won't hurt.

I suppose so yes. As long as he doesn't buy tens/hundreds of saddles based on all the recommendations he receives in this thread  :whistling:   I dunno how KingTJ is going to filter the responses and decide which saddle is best for him.

OP, please keep us in the loop as to how you decide which saddle is best suited for you based on the responses you receive. :thumbup:

Hi  Folks

Need some help in selecting a new saddle...I have owned a couple of FIzzik GObi's,  but they keep on cracking every 2 years or so. I use to weight 120kg's , which I think played a mayor part in the cracking of the Gobi's....I have since bought it down to a respectable 94kgs. The problem is I still need a new seat, can you guys recommend me a lekker saddle for trail riding / enduro/ jumping the odd ramp or 5 ...

thanks guys .. 

Oh yeah, budget is flexible but i don't want to spank the bank either.

It is worth checking your sitbones. Getting the proper fit is most important. I personally use a Power Saddle and find it super comfortable. Some good reviews too. Good luck

It is worth checking your sitbones. Getting the proper fit is most important. I personally use a Power Saddle and find it super comfortable. Some good reviews too. Good luck

+1 on this. Go the extra effort and have your sitbones measured and check your fit. Those two play a big part in saddle-happiness.

I like low-profile (read minimal cush) saddles so don't mind one that looks like it could be torture. Not a fan of the Gobi as it just doesn't work for me, but have found several other comfortable. Switched to a Specialized Power saddle earlier this year (review HERE) and it has ruined me for any other saddle. 

It is incredible just how uncomfortable / bulky / "intrusive" other saddles now feel to me. To the point where for the first time in my career I move my own saddle between review bikes. Not always and never at first, but some that I have found okay before now stings like hell. 

I was just going to ask about the Spez Power Saddle as I am keen to give it a try. Will pop into Spez next week and get my sit bones measured.

+1 on this. Go the extra effort and have your sitbones measured and check your fit. Those two play a big part in saddle-happiness.

I like low-profile (read minimal cush) saddles so don't mind one that looks like it could be torture. Not a fan of the Gobi as it just doesn't work for me, but have found several other comfortable. Switched to a Specialized Power saddle earlier this year (review HERE) and it has ruined me for any other saddle.

It is incredible just how uncomfortable / bulky / "intrusive" other saddles now feel to me. To the point where for the first time in my career I move my own saddle between review bikes. Not always and never at first, but some that I have found okay before now stings like

would you say that it will work for enduros/trailriding? Edited by Bizkit031

would you say that it will work for enduros/trailriding?

I run the Spez Power on both my trail bike (143) and my cx/road bike (155). I love it and don't miss the nose at all. I very rarely move/shift weight on the saddle, and sitting on the nose of the saddle was always exceptionally painful for me (hence the requirement of a large cutout).

I'd recommend the cheaper comp version if you plan on dropping your bike every now and then :). Those saddles aren't cheap, and can get a bit banged up on a mtb.

would you say that it will work for enduros/trailriding?

For sure. Have had it on a Lapierre road bike, long travel steel hardtail (my 160mm Enduro bike), 29er plus bike (silverback SPhere), 29er XC / Marathon bike (Pyga Stage) and it was comfortable on all of them. If you're a no-hander whipper backflip slammer I don't think it will work as you need a bit of nose to grip when needed (or so I've heard!), but for everything else I have found it very comfortable. 

My big problem is that I move around on my saddle a lot when I climb for weight distribution.SO I am worrie about that short nose.