2016 Coronation Double Century entry process opens on 23 August

News bot

Following the confirmation on Wednesday that, despite current extensive roadworks, the 24th Coronation Double Century will run on the traditional 202km route from Swellendam on 26 November 2016, the entry process will kick off on Tuesday, 23 August.

Click here to view the article

So when the roadworks are no longer a factor, the price will come back down to earth again ? I think not.

Thanks but no thanks.

R12k for a team entry???

I suppose on the bright side it gives David a reason to get face time on tv again to explain the increase.

Did you guys read the article before reacting to the entry price? At R1,000 per team member the organizers are just covering costs.

Well if the one tonner can go at R150 how can you justify a cost of R1000pp

IMHO I dont need food served to me at the finish because iam a fussy eater anyway.

Well if the one tonner can go at R150 how can you justify a cost of R1000pp

IMHO I dont need food served to me at the finish because iam a fussy eater anyway.

Which is most probably sponsored. (and not that great either...  :ph34r: )

Which is most probably sponsored. (and not that great either...  :ph34r: )

My main gripe is how do you justify a 55% increase in entry cost? as a % increase this is even above the EPIC!! yet you subjected to more neutral zones with crappy road conditions. 

The events problem is that it was giving riders more value than they were paying for in the past. At R1000 per person its in line with the ASG events we have taken part in and they use Racetec. <3

At least any money they make, 50% goes to a charity so not the end of the world.

#CDC2016

Edited by Pure Savage

The events problem is that it was giving riders more value than they were paying for in the past. At R1000 per person its in line with the ASG events we have taken part in and they use Racetec. <3

At least any money they make, 50% goes to a charity so not the end of the world.

#CDC2016

...and into Tokai and Table Mountain :ph34r:

Dear Meezo

In an effort to ensure a clear understanding and in fairness to all potential participants of the 2016 Coronation Double Century, we have decided to delay the entry application process by a few days to afford us the opportunity to send you a further detailed communication.

As a result of the extended negotiations with all role players in respect of the route and route access, we have decided to give participants a little more time to familiarise themselves with both route conditions and the new proposed entry process.

Best wishes & safe cycling

Coronation Double Century Team

Email us: info@coronationdc.co.za

Call us: 087 820 7223

Please note this is sent from a "no reply" email address, should you have any queries please email us at info@coronationdc.co.za

Dear Meezo

In an effort to ensure a clear understanding and in fairness to all potential participants of the 2016 Coronation Double Century, we have decided to delay the entry application process by a few days to afford us the opportunity to send you a further detailed communication.

As a result of the extended negotiations with all role players in respect of the route and route access, we have decided to give participants a little more time to familiarise themselves with both route conditions and the new proposed entry process.

Best wishes & safe cycling

Coronation Double Century Team

Email us: info@coronationdc.co.za

Call us: 087 820 7223

Please note this is sent from a "no reply" email address, should you have any queries please email us at info@coronationdc.co.za

So sre the entries opening today or are they dealying it further?

So sre the entries opening today or are they dealying it further?

Creating further anticipation and more demand...

We were all worked up to enter... Perfect Marketing if you ask me