2016 Coronation Double Century entry process opens on 23 August

News bot

The events problem is that it was giving riders more value than they were paying for in the past. At R1000 per person its in line with the ASG events we have taken part in and they use Racetec. <3

At least any money they make, 50% goes to a charity so not the end of the world.

#CDC2016

And the other 50% either goes to an investment fund or gets spent on the mountain.

Supply and demand, I reckon

It will still fill up yeah

It will sell out. But is it really in the spirit of what the PPA is supposed to stand for? Particularly as there are so few road events in the Western Cape anyway? It's not exactly like they need the money.

It will sell out. But is it really in the spirit of what the PPA is supposed to stand for? Particularly as there are so few road events in the Western Cape anyway? It's not exactly like they need the money.

Now that is a valid question.

Is the PPA's core mandate to be an association with the focus on investments, exploring investment growth etc.

I agree with responsible financial management but the core focus should be on spreading the financial love to grow the sport of cycling.

I want to remember the PPA as an association promoting cycling and not an association showing the biggest investments in the books

Edited by Bloukrans