XXL Seatposts

Dubsymike

Hi All,

Does anyone know a guy who knows a guy who sells extra length (preferably 450mm) seatposts? 

I've been using a dropper until now but it's giving me hassles and i want to go back to a fixed post, but the 400mm are just not long enough. Only one i can currently find is in the states (Gusset Lofty) but would ideally like to avoid the time and cost to import.

Diameter is 30.9 in case it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Im going to ask the obvious question, is your frame not too small for you?

Bearing in mind the extra stresses that such a long seatpost adds to the frame.

Locally though I have not seen any longer than 400mm

Got mine from Linden Cycles, helped by Mike, the mechanic. Quite a while back. He has moved on but I find Joneen and her team very helpfull. Give them a shout.

Im going to ask the obvious question, is your frame not too small for you?

Bearing in mind the extra stresses that such a long seatpost adds to the frame.

Locally though I have not seen any longer than 400mm

On an XL frame already, and it fits perfectly with the dropper post, which is longer. Also, hoping that the extra length of the dropper means my frame can hold a fixed 450. Time will tell!

I have a Thompson Elite layback 410mm in 30.9 lying in my garage. Would that be too short?

Thanks very much Graham. I'll be in touch if i don't come right. 

Appreciate it man.

• 5 years later...

I had to resort to bringing one in myself from the UK... Sold it here a couple years back now... Good luck with the search, they are out and about.

1 hour ago, Butterbean said:

I had to resort to bringing one in myself from the UK... Sold it here a couple years back now... Good luck with the search, they are out and about.

I see a few adds over the years (yours included)...
Maybe this post will coax one out of the woodwork... 🤞

Yup i know the feeling. My XL epic was too small for me. Imported a gusset 450 post from the UK. Did the job. Now ride a XXL topfuel and also want the dropper off. No luck with any posts local yet. Desperately wanted to get a trek madone in a 62 recently but its too small for me...... Sucks being tall sometimes. 

11 hours ago, varkie2 said:

Yup i know the feeling. My XL epic was too small for me. Imported a gusset 450 post from the UK. Did the job. Now ride a XXL topfuel and also want the dropper off. No luck with any posts local yet. Desperately wanted to get a trek madone in a 62 recently but its too small for me...... Sucks being tall sometimes. 

Thats why I built me a custom 64cm bike. Same problem. Nothing in the cookie cutter brands fit me right. I now get to use 350mm posts like avarage people lol. 

• 1 month later...

@bleedToWinAfter epic i am pretty over cycling and cycling related costs for the next unforseeable future, thanks.😜

So the dropper must stay for a while.