Saddle for larger rider

Markellis

You either have angled or flatter sitbones .Silverado and phenom are flat type .Fizic gobi is angled .Sort that out first ,then the width .Males rarely go wider than 144 cm .Flat rise if you are supple .Steep if you sit upright .Personally any flat type works for me .There is no such thing as getting use to a saddle .If it does not work in the first 30 minutes ,it will never work

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it does not work in the first 30 minutes ,it will never work

I've been told this somewhere else before. Become a believer.

But I've heard guys on the hub countless times recounting how initially the saddle was terrible(especially the minimalist saddles with very little or zero padding) but they were advised to harden up and after some long rides it became like ducks down?

Perhaps they have those R5k super chamois Assos bibs, a wooden plank attached to your seat post would still feel awesome with those on?

I'm in the camp of first half hour it's good to go or not at all, I tried the harden up and take the pain method for a few saddles, never worked.

The saddles that worked felt good from the get go, just some tweaking of the angles to find a happy balance.

Edited by Skylark

But I've heard guys on the hub countless times recounting how initially the saddle was terrible(especially the minimalist saddles with very little or zero padding) but they were advised to harden up and after some long rides it became like ducks down?

Perhaps they have those R5k super chamois Assos bibs, a wooden plank attached to your seat post would still feel awesome with those on?

I'm in the camp of first half hour it's good to go or not at all, I tried the harden up and take the pain method for a few saddles, never worked.

The saddles that worked felt good from the get go, just some tweaking of the angles to find a happy balance.

Got a little bit of tough love from my Fiziik Gobi the first few rides (2/3), but after that... golden. Just try ease into things. I'm pretty certain Brookes is the same (just a bit more old school, but none the less just as effective - if not more so) - Basically the saddle molds to you, it doesn't try to mold you to it  :mellow:

Hopefully this ends my usual Monday "John Wayne" walk

Really hope it works for you. Now can I assume you doing that long ride over the w/e with it? Let us know how it went.

Nice.

You don't like it, pm me...

If Warthog doesn't reply to your PM, PM me :P

Was tempted to add my name, but ...  :whistling:

lol, I think I am going to put my big girl panties on and fit the saddle tomorrow and ride Legends on sat with it...guess if I am sending Pm's on Monday morning it didn't work out :)

lol, I think I am going to put my big girl panties on and fit the saddle tomorrow and ride Legends on sat with it...guess if I am sending Pm's on Monday morning it didn't work out :)

So, how did it go?

It was great :)

school boy error on my part, didn't check tightness of seat clamp after fitting on Friday and the seat angle shifted but the seat is great.

Happy camper!

Told you so...

I have the B17 and the B17 narrow - will never change.

Great choice - it only gets better...

It was great :)

school boy error on my part, didn't check tightness of seat clamp after fitting on Friday and the seat angle shifted but the seat is great.

Happy camper!

Do me a favour. Post a good pic to show your ride with the saddle fitted. Intereted in how it looks. Unlike some closet cyclists who claim looks don't mean nothing, I think it does. So ... show us your ride ... please.