The Bike Park at Constantia Uitsig

News bot

Situated on the historic wine estate Constantia Uitsig, The Bike Park has grown in park features and popularity since first opening its doors. Designed by former Downhill World Champion Chris Nixon, the tracks are ideal for honing one’s bike handling skills and consists of a pump track, dirt jump lines, rock gardens, narrow suspended paths, sand pit, drop offs and a 50 metre skybridge that sits 4 metres off the ground. Catering for all bike riders from beginners learning the ropes to experienced cyclists looking to sharpen their skills.

Click here to view the article

Ah, the youth of today have it good.

When I was these laaities age I was riding permatoobs on my Game Raleigh to the local Spar, not railing berms on R30k bikes.

We also had permatubes, but back then there were functional BMX tracks that were a (rather long) ride away, and we built jumps ourselves. So not quite as dismal as you're painting, Odin...

But yes, the youff have it good. 

Cool. Will definitely go there, then, after a session with the lightie and wiff. 

Myles, we definitely don't need to improve our skills at the restaurant however, the bike park, jumps gaps that's where we need to be...

FOCUS MYLES FOCUS!

Cool. Will definitely go there, then, after a session with the lightie and wiff. 

Very nice breakfast

Take the missus for their pork neck and nice wines (I recommend Uber) :eek:

I had a skills session here with Chris Nixon about 4 months ago. He's a great guy; very friendly and down-to-earth. He gets right to the point about what you should be drilling into your muscle memory so that you build up the right base for more technical riding. As I understand it, he's overseen the construction of the pump track there too and it's the perfect place to build up skills incrementally. Highly recommended. 

Edited by NickGM

I had a skills session here with Chris Nixon about 4 months ago. He's a great guy; very friendly and down-to-earth. He gets right to the point about what you should be drilling into your muscle memory so that you build up the right base for more technical riding. As I understand it, he's overseen the construction of the pump track there too and it's the prefect place to build up skills incrementally. Highly recommended. 

He's built everything there... Him and his team. 

I haven't been here in about a year - looks totally different!  Think it's time for a return trip!