SRAM RED or DURA ACE

Jason

Hey guys,

Building up a bike... If you had a choice, SRAM RED or DURA ACE?

I would go probably go SRAM Red, I like the look and feel, however, it's a personal choice... Why don't you make this a poll, that way you'll get a better idea...

Both are awesome hey

Slight price penalty on SRAM as it is a bit lighter

E Tap is obviously very special (see current trade restrictions in SA)

How much is the ETAP system? R40k?

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/gear/previews/first-look-sram-red-etap-r4273

Local availability and pricing

Stock levels of the Red eTap components are currently restricted and the local distributor hopes to have some available by mid year. Pricing has not be finalised but they say that they would like to match the overseas pricing as closely as possible.

You can NOT go wrong with Dura Ace 9000 / 9070 groupset...but wait a few months and get the NEW Dura Ace R9100 / R9170 groupset  :drool:  :w00t:  or the heavily discounted DA 9000 when they launch the DA R9100/9170  :thumbup:  

Look on merlin cycles for great prices!

Merlin stopped shipping SRAM to SA, can't see why maybe Cape Cycle Systems stepped in?

Look on merlin cycles for great prices!

Looks like round about R30k for the complete groupset...Hmmm... Now I need a ticket to the UK :-)