Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea if they'll be open this weekend?

Was wondering the same. In theory game reserves can open (this is a provincial reserve) for day trips, hiking etc

But they've never been too organised or good at communications, websites aren't functional etc.

Hopefully someone who lives close by will report back.

does suiker have a mtb off road trail ???

and is suiker in gauteng?

1) No - walking trails though. Much potential for mtb, if only .. but roads are very quiet. But not for sissies, the big loop.

2) Yes, in GP

Are they open now?  I am super keen for a ride there.

Was wondering the same. In theory game reserves can open (this is a provincial reserve) for day trips, hiking etc

But they've never been too organised or good at communications, websites aren't functional etc.

Hopefully someone who lives close by will report back.

Yeah all other trail venues seem to be open, but and the big but here they are part of the state so...

I wouldn't risk a drive all the way there at the moment until I have something definite. A saying about a brewery comes to mind.....

Edited by Dusty

I'm planning to ride there on the weekend. (I mean from home to the reserve and back) I'll find out if it's open for two wheels.

1) No - walking trails though. Much potential for mtb, if only .. but roads are very quiet. But not for sissies, the big loop.

2) Yes, in GP

Are they open now?  I am super keen for a ride there.

I haven't ridden there in probably 10 years but whoa I'll never forget this fact!

I also want to go!

I'm planning to ride there on the weekend. (I mean from home to the reserve and back) I'll find out if it's open for two wheels.

Thanks man

Thanks... Waiting patiently

I rode the route from front gate to back gate, on Rouvy, then called it a day. I much prefer the reserve in real life. Can’t wait to get back there, soon.

I'm just waiting for Bob to give us feedback... If it's positive I reckon Saturday it is [emoji41]