Brooks saddles - trully comfortable?

Skylark

From what I know of using saddles for me a Brooks saddle out the box looks as comfortable as a punch in the face.

But I can see its leather and with time as it softens and molds to your rear end it may turn out being rather comfortable, is that actually the case in practise?

I have no plushness in my rear end so I typically always use something like a WTB that has more cushioning than your typical saddle, I've tried the staple minimalist race snake Spez/Fizik saddles and all were no goes even after many weeks of testing. Will a Brooks even one that is worn in ever work for me?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is incorrect! the saddle molds your arse! :clap: - joke

That's what I'm afraid of!

I can remember riding an old delivery bike with leather saddle, decades of use seemed to have made zero headway in the comfort dept.

this is incorrect! the saddle molds your arse!   :clap:  - joke

This is true, I saddle is a sheet of carbon. :wacko:

I too was rather skeptical before I got my Brooks B-17 Narrow. I spent about a month on and off researching, reading up about it etc. The day I got it, I was surprised how hard it felt, until I fitted it to my bike and went for a short ride in the neighbourhood. It was surprisingly comfortable.

I have ridden my Brooks for just over a 1000km. I did take the time to set up the saddle as level as possible, basically what felt most comfortable to me. 

The same week I got it, I went for a few short-ish rides (20-30km) and I immediately knew that it was a keeper. That following weekend was the big test - a 110km round trip from 'Boven to Dullstroom and back - no discomfort. That sealed it for me. And after 1000+ kms it has only gotten better.

So to answer the question "Brooks saddles - truly comfortable?" - from my experience, absolutely. Of course your mileage may vary. Caveat emptor.

Yes . After a few rides the Brooks will fit your backside perfectly !

Especially if you ride it in the rain.They are brilliant

I got my Brooks Cambium C17 from Brooks SA. This is the non-leather version. Comfortable. Took about 3 rides to adjust. Must also add that I ride hardtail MTB's, only.

I have searched for that elusive comfort in the derriere region and as a result, I now own 7 saddles.  I can also recommend Adamo ISM saddles. I run the Full Gel Road ISM on my touring MTB.

info@brooksengland.co.za

I have a B17 narrow and a B17 Special. Are are comfortable as all get-out, and I couldn't see myself using another saddle.

The narrow took a while to become truly comfy, but now I have to occasionally check if I am actually sitting down...

Truly a saddle for life.