Rocky Mountain announce new Slayer enduro bike

News bot

Designed to lay waste to the world’s roughest trails, the Slayer is back as an all-carbon weapon. From the most aggressive Enduro World Series tracks to bike park laps and big mountain lines, its downhill-bike capability and pedaling responsiveness are matched with an uncanny ability to find and hold speed in rugged terrain. All killer, no filler.

Click here to view the article

Really would love to know where in SA you ride that you need 170mm at sub-66' head angle?

Unless you are primarily a DH rider but don't want / can't have two bikes of course.  Then sure I suppose.  But as an everyday "let's go to Jonkershoek" machine this seems mightily excessive.

Still want one though.

Really would love to know where in SA you ride that you need 170mm at sub-66' head angle?

Unless you are primarily a DH rider but don't want / can't have two bikes of course.  Then sure I suppose.  But as an everyday "let's go to Jonkershoek" machine this seems mightily excessive.

Still want one though.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Still want one though.

For South Africa?  Really?

See you figured it out on your own

Ooh...Looks like another club banger. They better hang on when they throw this thing on. Get a little drink on they gonna flip for this Akon ****. You can bank on it. Pedicure, manicure kitty-cat claws. The way she climbs up and down them poles
Looking like one of them putty-cat dolls. Trying to hold my woodie back through my draws.

The weight quoted on Pinkbike is impressive - under 30lbs with pedals so it could be pedaled around like many other enduro bikes, many of which have similar angles and travel. The relative flatness of our terrain hasn't put off many buyers of other "big" bikes here so the same will apply to this one no doubt.

I only use the 160mm I have on tap about 10% of the time, but that 10% is what makes my rides proper fun and not some mundane fitness exercise. Like the chaps doing laps I saw while out on my green belt ride yesterday on their marathon and HT bikes..

Ooh...Looks like another club banger. They better hang on when they throw this thing on. Get a little drink on they gonna flip for this Akon ****. You can bank on it. Pedicure, manicure kitty-cat claws. The way she climbs up and down them poles

Looking like one of them putty-cat dolls. Trying to hold my woodie back through my draws.

dafuq??