Entries are open for 2016 Mangaung Cycle Tour

News bot

Entries have opened for Bloemfontein’s biggest funride, the PPA Mangaung Cycle Tour. As in the past, this iconic Free State event will be a Premier Seeding Series event for the 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour. The 2016 PPA Mangaung Cycle Tour takes place in Bloemfontein on Sunday 30 October.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any faces being pulled up that ramp are completely warranted.

[Edit]: Flashbacks to last year and the sounds of broken spokes.

Edited by pe3nguin

Another year, another new route. Keeps us on our toes at least...

Based on this route map, the start/finish is in Reynecke avenue? I'll see if I have time to create the route on Endomondo, to test the distance.

Just glad the race is still on.

• 1 month later...

anyone have any info on the routes (mtb and road)

I may be heading up to BFN that weekend and need to decide which bike is going with

Another year, another new route. Keeps us on our toes at least...

Based on this route map, the start/finish is in Reynecke avenue? I'll see if I have time to create the route on Endomondo, to test the distance.

Just glad the race is still on.

Start/Finish will be in Tempe for both events

I've mailed them.

It is possible... Gardenia to Aalwyn, Montgomery underneath the bridge, and left and left again into Stals so we can cross the bridge.

After staring at the map for a few minutes, I realised I had completely misunderstood the start/finish as well. Seems like we enter/exit the Tempe grounds via Papa Brits street.

Vat altwee! Mtb route is still being finalized, if it will be worth it....I don't know

lol, as ek net plek gehad het. Eks is nie lus vir 50km se plat sinkplaat pad nie so ek gaan maar vasbyt tot die roete bevestig word.

I've mailed them.

It is possible... Gardenia to Aalwyn, Montgomery underneath the bridge, and left and left again into Stals so we can cross the bridge.

After staring at the map for a few minutes, I realised I had completely misunderstood the start/finish as well. Seems like we enter/exit the Tempe grounds via Papa Brits street.

also looks like the route goes via Ryno Kriel? quality is crap so can't really make it out

lol, as ek net plek gehad het. Eks is nie lus vir 50km se plat sinkplaat pad nie so ek gaan maar vasbyt tot die roete bevestig word.

True that, to not have a route this close to the event...

also looks like the route goes via Ryno Kriel? quality is crap so can't really make it out

Agreed!

I think it is more likely that they'll use De Bruyn St there, instead of going off into Ryno Kriel.

Hopefully they reply with answers to my questions, or even better provide a GPX file.

Until then, this shouldn't be TOO far off: https://www.endomondo.com/routes/792849641

(disclaimer: no responsibility taken if this gets you lost ;) )

Edit: Whoops! Turned into a one-way lane at Van Schalkwyk st, fixed

Edited by HdB

I've mailed them.

I received a reply, we were correct regarding Montgomery into Stals.

She also attached a .kmz file, I've converted it to a gpx, should be attached

Mangaung Cycle Tour 106 km.gpx

Edited by HdB