Giba Gorge Attack

Wolf Lyle

Am I the only one who thinks that the guy is in serious trouble?

There is this other thread here about carrying and using a firearm. If I go through the comments there I can't help to come to the conclusion that the cyclist went beyond self defense? Especially because the robbers where unarmed?

yes it's terrible. I hope he rots in jail.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.ecr.co.za/news-sport/news/police-investigate-fatal-stabbing-incident-near-pinetown/

I seriously hope they don't try Charge the guy for this  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing: :cursing:  

Police spokesman, Lieutenant-Colonel Shooz Magudulela, said on Sunday cases of murder and attempted murder had been opened.

Now the second one died the attempted murder charge will no doubt be escalated to another charge of murder...

its standard to open charges

in SA you have the right to use deadly force if you believe at that moment that your life is in immediate danger  (not like Oscar did)

you have a right to defend your life with necessary force or a weapon and to use deadly force to do so

3 against 1

I think our fellow cyclist will be ok

3 against 1

I think our fellow cyclist will be ok

Yip.  Live by the sword, die by the sword.  I cannot feel sorry for those who succumb to this way of life.  It could have been my son, my daughter or whoever.

May they rot in hell.

Edited by Sepia

It's too easy to analyze this one after the fact.

Fact is, it was three on one. And he might well have warned them off verbally beforehand.

They might well have had edged weapons of their own.

We'll never know. Even if suspect 3 testifies it'll be one man's word vs. another.

I'm inclined to give the guy a pass, and hope that he's able to deal with the aftermath.

The third victim will come forward and claim that they were just walking along minding their own business. The cyclist then attacked them without warning or any provocation. He will try and milk the system to get some compensation. The cyclist need to get the best lawyer he can. But I am glad he is ok and this turned out well for him. But be aware.

I ride all the time at Giba, and even thou this occurred on the way in to Giba, and so not really Giba park, these elements saw easy pickings on our fellow riders.

He did not wake up in the morning , extecting to be attacked, but the perps planned to ambush any person they felt suitable,they just picked the wrong person.

Most likey they had done this before.

I read that the chap was not on bicycle but a motorbike. Either way not good news for the attackers.

Am I the only one who thinks that the guy is in serious trouble?

There is this other thread here about carrying and using a firearm. If I go through the comments there I can't help to come to the conclusion that the cyclist went beyond self defense? Especially because the robbers where unarmed?

Do we know for a fact that they were unarmed, even so I doubt their modus was to ask him nicely to please hand over his bike, walllet, cellphone etc. then thank him for been so helpful and wish the ex cyclist a pleasant journey on his walk back.  

Edited by scotty

Was it Charlie Tissen? Just kidding but anyone attacked that bloke would most likely die.

Yoh, where did you dig that name up from? Is he still around?

Yoh, where did you dig that name up from? Is he still around?

I used to shoot a lot of Moto X. He was a legend. But I saw him ne day smack someone at a track. Most sensible people tried to stay on his good side.

the person involved was attacked two persons who were invading his personal space with violent intentions, that is all,he reacted to a violent situation, maybe many of us could react the same way if this happened.