Giba Gorge Attack

Wolf Lyle

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't dip the mood here, be happy, might be the same bastard who was riding your bike a few months back

Hardly trying to "dip the mood"

Small scenario you at a pub you get in a fight, both throwing drunken punches, that's assault, one of the manne full of brandy picks up any object, it's no longer assault .....its intent to do harm,,,,see how quick it escalates????? Bicycle being stolen 2dead,,,,I'm only offering sound advice get a flippen good lawyer

Just a thought, but the people who say the cyclist could, in order to have preserved lives, just handed his bike & belongings over do understand that the robbers could have, if they had chosen to, jumped back the second a knife came into play and said "sod that for a game of soldiers" and run for it. . . .

Not only did they make a bad decision when they woke up that morning and chose to illegally relieve someone of their belongings, but later they then made a second bad decision to continue fighting with what I assume was a very angry man with a knife.

Maybe we don't know all the facts yet, but it does seem that these guys were on a mission of self destruction.

The concern about it on the flipside is that the thieves may assume their targets are dangerous and just start stabbing first in future.

They have been doing this for more than 20 years - given I was stabbed in 95 for a bike despite no resistance

most cyclists are fit and can be strong, so you outnumber and try to hit fast ,hard , and pull them down, the element of supprise is vital...be the aggressor... these guys were not politely asking for a donation for there local church fund.

50cc what's you 2zim say?????

No issue ?? Smile and wave,,, or not that simple??

Not that simple- be ultra aware all the time - and pre plan a response- run like hell is my advice - your family will thank you - bikes and phones etc can be replaced, scars and caskets are not cool.

The concern about it on the flipside is that the thieves may assume their targets are dangerous and just start stabbing first in future.

Be it a car/bike hi-jacking, house burglary etc, when are these thugs ever empty handed? They come prepared. A rock or stick can also become a murder weapon

I have got something, but I don't think the tech is advanced enough yet to achieve the goal of tracking everything. We will get there though, within a few years. The devices are still quite big, need to be charged often and most need sim cards to work. Also they are expensive.

Still cant believe no one seems to know this guy (Chuck Noris / Rambo /......?)

I'd like to buy him a beer ,   or 10

Edited by Wolf Lyle

im pretty sure he has been instructed to keep a low profile and stay away from social media

Good point. Would be in his best interests at this stage . Would really like to hear his account of what happened tho

Good point. Would be in his best interests at this stage . Would really like to hear his account of what happened tho

you and every cyclist  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I was at school with this bloke. He's a big bloke, 6ft 2 or so and probably 110+ kgs. Not the the type of bloke to initiate something but would stand his ground.

Edited by ricochet_rabbit