Terrible Bike service

Irshaadmayet

Ok, definitely not the same after a quick G check

Konfyt being more dry like a glazed fruit and of course the marmalade is more jam like.

Also for watermelon konfyt you would use those white skinned watermelons - winter watermelons.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, definitely not the same after a quick G check

Konfyt being more dry like a glazed fruit and of course the marmalade is more jam like.

Also for watermelon konfyt you would use those white skinned watermelons - winter watermelons.

konfyt is jam... 

Reminds me of a joke

For those of you who have lived in Natal, you know how typical this is.

They actually have a Curry Cook-off about June/July. It takes up a major portion of a parking lot at the Royal Show in PMB.

Judge #3 was an inexperienced food critic named Frank, who was visiting from America.

Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a Curry Cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the Beer Garden when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Natal Indians) that the curry wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted.

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CURRY # 1 - SEELAN'S MANIAC MONSTER TOMATO CURRY...

Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.

Judge # 2 -- Nice smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

Judge # 3 (Frank) -- Holy ****, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These people are crazy.

CHILI #2 - PHOENIX BBQ CHICKEN CURRY...

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of chicken. Slight chili tang.

Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver! They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CURRY # 3 - SHAMILA'S FAMOUS "BURN DOWN THE GARAGE" CURRY...

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse curry. Great kick.

Judge # 2 -- A bit salty, good use of chili peppers.

Judge # 3 -- Call 911. I've located uranium’s pill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drain Cleaner. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting pissed from all the beer.

Was just thinking about this exact contest the other day. :clap:

Yeah watermelon konfyt. I have yet to find someone who makes it as good as how my Gran did.

Not sure if its the same though. as I know marmalade. 

Watermelon konfyt you basically eat the skin which has been boiled in sugar.

YES Konfyt, I forgot the correct wording...Thank you. 

Ok. Read the first page and now the last one before making this comment. 

How long did this fred stay on track for?

I'm still waiting for some MasterChef dishes to be show.... pictures or it didnt happen and all that

http://i.imgur.com/WZGqlAd.jpg

Moms kitchen last night. They're in the chiller now. 

She said she would syrup and coconut them for me on sunday morning and I should just come and get it before I go ride.