Event Name: Gauteng North Criterium Introductory Series #1
When: 17 July 2016 - 17 July 2016
Where: Voortrekker Monument, Gauteng
Category: Road

Event Name: Gauteng North Cycling Criterium Introductory Series #1

When: 17 September 2016

Where: Voortrekker Monument

Category: Road

Gauteng North Cycling invites you to join us for our first of a series of INTRODUCTORY criterium races.

• Where: Voortrekker Monument
  • When: Saturday, 17 September 2016 @ 13:00
  • Cost: R50 per rider, R30 venue access fee per car
  • Who: All ages
  • Prizes: Top 3 for each category.

What to expect:

• Line entries only – pitch, pay and ride/race;
  • Each race will be held over approx 20 mins + 1 lap
  • A 1.1 Km circuit comprising anti clockwise loop on tar (see flyer);
  • With approximately 7m elevation per lap it should be interesting to know if it is really an uphill.

For more information contact Gusti on gncsecretary@gmail.com

Go to Event Page

hubevents-36761-0-54980200-1472565689_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Been wanting to try out some crit racing for some time now :w00t:

Can't the line entry time be extended? I see open only starts at 16:15, so do I need to go there at 12, enter, and chill there for 4 hours? Don't mind watching some of the racing, but not everyone would want to chill there the whole day...

To the guys that didn't (couldn't) support the two events we (Germiston Wheelers) organised recently, and you stay close by to this event, please support it. This is the only way that Gauteng (as a province) can grow Crit racing.

We have had 49 for the first event and 120 the second time around. Word will spread and before we know it, we'll have hundreds of participants honing their bike handling skills, pushing their limits and most of all - having fun.

Edited by geraldm24

To the guys that didn't (couldn't) support the two events we (Germiston Wheelers) organised recently, and you stay close by to this event, please support it. This is the only way that Gauteng (as a province) can grow Crit racing.

We have had 49 for the first event and 120 the second time around. Word will spread and before we know it, we'll have hundreds of participants honing their bike handling skills, pushing their limits and most of all - having fun.

This :thumbup:

As long as it stay that cheap I'll be there. Other races' entry fees are getting belaglik.

Awesome! Been wanting to try out some crit racing for some time now :w00t:

Can't the line entry time be extended? I see open only starts at 16:15, so do I need to go there at 12, enter, and chill there for 4 hours? Don't mind watching some of the racing, but not everyone would want to chill there the whole day...

Sure we will be able to fit you in. Note though that the categories and start times might/will change depending on the number of entries. Combining some categories will move the start times of the latter groups forward.

Better maybe to 'pre-enter' and ask to be notified of your start time  ;)

This looks like a really cool race, and I think one should not underestimate that route  :whistling:

Any particular reason for the afternoon race times rather than morning time?

Sure we will be able to fit you in. Note though that the categories and start times might/will change depending on the number of entries. Combining some categories will move the start times of the latter groups forward.

Better maybe to 'pre-enter' and ask to be notified of your start time  ;)

Makes sense yeah, will be there at 12 then :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is an update and a reminder.

All is well and fine we are all systems GO for Saturday afternoon.

And yes, it will be a CSA sanctioned race

Hope to see you there

Busy clearing the road surface now

Just learned that the area where the racing will take place is known as the Suikerbosrand. Hehe