Witnesses please come forward

ToFi3Ani3

Hi all

I NEED HELP in locating anyone who knows anything -

I'm looking for any witnesses or cyclists that stopped or saw (in passing) who have any, any information regarding the incident on the Malmesbury/Paarl Road on 3 March 2015 where a truck hit and killed my husband Tom Williams.  The police are slurring in their decision to prosecute said driver of the truck and I need assistance to get them moving on this case now (Case No 39/03/2015)

Please Please anyone... we need to STOP the carnage of cyclists on our roads.

Either contact Colonel Brown at Wellington CID - wellingtoncid@saps.gov.za or myself, Fiona on enquiries@villanikh.com

Thank you!

Not good to hear this, and I hope any witnesses does come forward.

Was your late husband a PPA member, and have you been in contact with them regarding any possible assistance in this regard?

Condolences with your loss, it cannot be easy for you.

Maybe this person can help.

Arcie

• photo-thumb-68042.jpg?_r=1431957260

• Members

5 posts

• Province:Western Cape

• Cycling Interests:MTB, Road

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:02

It was on the Wellington - Malmesbury road a few kilos from the 4 way crossing.Cyclist was travelling in the direction of the 4 way crossing and knocked off his bike inside the yellow line from behind by a truck.Cyclist died on the sciene.I saw the name "Williams" on his armband was to upset to look for the name - Very sad 

Hi all

I NEED HELP in locating anyone who knows anything -

I'm looking for any witnesses or cyclists that stopped or saw (in passing) who have any, any information regarding the incident on the Malmesbury/Paarl Road on 3 March 2015 where a truck hit and killed my husband Tom Williams.  The police are slurring in their decision to prosecute said driver of the truck and I need assistance to get them moving on this case now (Case No 39/03/2015)

Please Please anyone... we need to STOP the carnage of cyclists on our roads.

Either contact Colonel Brown at Wellington CID - wellingtoncid@saps.gov.za or myself, Fiona on enquiries@villanikh.com

Thank you!

Hi Fiona,

So sorry to hear about your loss and having to go through what you have since then!

Here is a link the original thread that was started when news of Tom's accident happened.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/148320-cyclist-down-on-lady-loch-road-paarl/

If you suspect reading it may bring up too much history then rather Click on this link https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/68042-arcie/

This is a chap called Arcie who on the thread makes a few worthwhile comments. It would make sense to drop him a PM (Private Message) to his hub account. (He should receive an email notifying him of the private message, so that would be a good way to get in touch with him)

Have you engaged anyone at PPA to ask for some legal assistance with the process? I am assuming that Tom was a member if he was wearing the stay wider cycling top.

Regards

Jay

Edit: Nice hubland! Good work! Got caught up in an informal meeting at my desk halfway through sending this and see that all these have already been commented! So lekka to be part of this community!

Edited by Tubehunter

Hi Fiona,

So sorry to hear about your loss and having to go through what you have since then!

Here is a link the original thread that was started when news of Tom's accident happened.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/148320-cyclist-down-on-lady-loch-road-paarl/

If you suspect reading it may bring up too much history then rather Click on this link https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/68042-arcie/

This is a chap called Arcie who on the thread makes a few worthwhile comments. It would make sense to drop him a PM (Private Message) to his hub account. (He should receive an email notifying him of the private message, so that would be a good way to get in touch with him)

Have you engaged anyone at PPA to ask for some legal assistance with the process? I am assuming that Tom was a member if he was wearing the stay wider cycling top.

Regards

Jay

Edit: Nice hubland! Good work! Got caught up in an informal meeting at my desk halfway through sending this and see that all these have already been commented! So lekka to be part of this community!

Thank you !  Yes, Tom was part of PPA - I will email them shortly too.  Yes he was wearing the Stay Wider Top as he was selected to ride with them at the Argus 2015.....  My daughter (not a cyclist) cycled in his memory at the Argus with the kindness of both Stay Wider and PPA

Maybe this person can help.   Arcie

• Members
  • 5 posts

It was on the Wellington - Malmesbury road a few kilos from the 4 way crossing.Cyclist was travelling in the direction of the 4 way crossing and knocked off his bike inside the yellow line from behind by a truck.Cyclist died on the sciene.I saw the name "Williams" on his armband was to upset to look for the name - Very sad 

Many thanks for your suggestion to contact a member, which I have now done.

kind regards

Fiona

Maybe this person can help.   Arcie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hi Fiona,

Regards

Jay

Thank you !  I will contact PPA today still.  I did read all the threads on bikehub and picked up on some of the notes - sent same to the Colonel at Wellington CID - so hopefully he will get cracking.

kind regards

Fiona

My sincere condolences to your loss Fiona. There is hope. It would seem there is an eye witness as the incident was discussed in this thread here.

I would read the entire thread. But try contacting the person of this post.

Thank you !