Braamfontein Spruit Adventure Trail Management Plan – Business Survey

News bot

Another way to tax us. Hopefully with the DA in the driving seat it might not hurt as much

What taxing? 

They're building a snapshot of the totality of the Spruit to develop a trail plan for everyone. With all the activity of thousands of different users it's needed and long overdue. 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/articles/routes-trails/braamfontein-spruit-adventure-trail-management-plan-r5242?source=related

They will charge for it. There's no way they're going to invest all the money in what they have planned if there's no roi.

• 5 months later...

I know there are a few projects running simultaneously. I received notification about a month ago that the environmental authorization was granted to commence with the upgrades...

Notification attached

Huh?  I speak 12 dialects of legalese but that doc is utterly impenetrable.

What are they authorizing and in respect of whom / what?

• 1 year later...

Not sure where the above ended up, but just received the following form my ward councillor in his regular mailshot:

"Launch of Jozi Trails on Wed 14 Mar @ Delta Park Environment Centre 

I have been part of a group, now called Jozi Trails, for several years. We have been meeting regularly to put into place a pilot project along the Braamfontein Spruit that will regularise and improve the current series of walking and cycling paths as well as improve the mountain biking routes in Delta Park (Emmarentia has now recently been added). 
The initial trail management plan will be piloted in Delta Park and at Emmarentia, two of Johannesburg’s busiest public open spaces. The management plan aims to reduce risk and increasing safety for all trail users, trail improvements, signage and enhanced security systems.
It has taken a long time as we needed to get the blessing of City Parks as well as start the necessary environmental permissions. But with City Parks adopting it as legacy project last year, it is time to introduce the project to the wider community.
It will take place on Wed 14 March at 6pm at the Delta Environment Centre (take Road Number 3 from Rustenburg Rd in Victory Park and drive straight into Delta Park, turn left at the T-junction and follow the road until you reach the car park at the Centre).
The event will include a presentation of the actual project and news on progress made to date. This will be an information sharing session - all residents associations, interest groups and organisations that have an interest in outdoor lifestyles are invited, especially those living close to the Spruit.
To RSVP and for more information, please contact info@jozitrails.co.za."