Successful title defence for Kleinhans at Fedhealth MTB Challenge

News bot

After a very last minute entry I lined up at the back of the 65km.

What a great route. Very few free miles, but plenty smiles with all the single track :) 

No doubt some tired legs around today after all that climbing though!?

After a very last minute entry I lined up at the back of the 65km.

What a great route. Very few free miles, but plenty smiles with all the single track :) 

No doubt some tired legs around today after all that climbing though!?

It was so rad!

I think the first signs of heat also took their toll on most of us having spent the last few months in thermals....

A great event. 

The only thing I would argue was the merging of the 30km with the 60km on the single track. It caused all sorts of delays/arguments and a few very nasty falls.

That kid in the MTN colours has a few apologies to make after taking out a friend of mine extremely rudely, badly and unnecessarily without even a backward glance or a shouted apology.

great event nonetheless

THAT quarry climb to the top of the last hill on the 65km is still haunting me. Geez. Picked the wrong event to have a go at the full distance - longest walk of my life...

The downhill parts were very lekker though. Will be back but might opt for the shorter route.

Saw a very unhappy chappy about 12km into the 65. Looked like he hit the deck pretty hard. Hope he is OK.