Picket-Bo-Berg Cycle challenge

snakedoc

Heading up this weekend for the race.

In for the 63km and first time taking part and really looking forward to it.

60 odd percent single track

Whole bunch of mates taking part in the cycle and run so should be a great weekend.

See you for a beer or 12 at the finish line :thumbup:

Edited by snakedoc

Super excited for this. Couldn't convince my lazy ass buddies to come ride this so am rolling solo. Really wish this was open for general riding but am happy to break my no race rule to go ride in this playground! 

Super excited & don't forget discounted entries close on the 6th for online booking.... actually don't go, it's going to be terrible, not worth the journey, just miles of open jeep track, flat as a tack and hundreds of people clogging the trails. ;)

Super excited for this. Couldn't convince my lazy ass buddies to come ride this so am rolling solo. Really wish this was open for general riding but am happy to break my no race rule to go ride in this playground! 

Super excited & don't forget discounted entries close on the 6th for online booking.... actually don't go, it's going to be terrible, not worth the journey, just miles of open jeep track, flat as a tack and hundreds of people clogging the trails. ;)

also breaking my 'no race rule' for this one.

Any ideas realistically how long it'd take to get from the southern 'burbs of CT to the event? 

Any ideas realistically how long it'd take to get from the southern 'burbs of CT to the event? 

allow 2 hours I reckon. I'm leaving Melkbos at 5.30. Remember once you get to Piketberg you still have to go through the town and up the mountain pass.

Wow ya that's a trek. We up for the weekend so staying over Friday night.

allow 2 hours I reckon. I'm leaving Melkbos at 5.30. Remember once you get to Piketberg you still have to go through the town and up the mountain pass.

Thanks, that was the bit I was thinking about.  :thumbup:

whoop whoop, just entered

I think there is roadworks on the pass, and although most traffic will be going up I will add some extra time.

which pass the versveld?

If this wasn't the same weekend as the Ezelduro I would be there.....

Works out I am splitting my loyalty between the two as we chose The U over the Esels 2 day race on the same weekend......

Things could be worse I suppose!

Enjoy guys. Delanie, Rickus and the crew will not disappoint. The trails are amazing... 

Really looking forward to this... notes to self:

• ... dont 'loose' helmet again
  • ​... shave to prevent being called an 'elderly gent' again

:blush:

See you Saturday! Event of the year on my calendar.

Great great race. But unfortunately have to sit out on the 37km after breaking my collarbone in July - doctor suggest not riding. So will downgrade to the 10km and ride with my son.

We are a large group camping for the weekend at Kruitemenvlei.

So here is a question... I entered the 63 route because you don't get many opportunities to ride these trails but how hard is this one and how amazing is the extra trail over the 37? I'm riding my 14kg Transition around so it's not racing snake territory and was thinking of dropping down to the shorter route. The climbing doesn't seem to hectic (though I could be wrong) from the profile. 

So here is a question... I entered the 63 route because you don't get many opportunities to ride these trails but how hard is this one and how amazing is the extra trail over the 37? I'm riding my 14kg Transition around so it's not racing snake territory and was thinking of dropping down to the shorter route. The climbing doesn't seem to hectic (though I could be wrong) from the profile. 

This: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/135771-event-piket-bo-berg-cycle-challenge-2014/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2423154

But you don't want to miss out on a single meter of that 63km... it is that nice

Edited by Zatopek