NotSoBigBen

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Convinced me to get a late entry today

FL start... :clap:

The last time we rode together in a bunch we got an index of 10! It seems like a long time ago. Now I will be happy with something like 25 or 30.

snip,snip snip..

The real question is whether a select few will brave an attack attempt a break off the front of AL...

It's a given.  Walkerville Hill.......

Edited by Underachiever

For the licenced riders,

I entered today and I have been off the bike for close to 2 weeks due to sickness. So I only wanted to ride the 110 not the 150.

Now the guy says I have to ride with the elite as that is where I am licensed and am never allowed to ride open seeded.

Is this true as per CSA rules?

Frosty might be able to assist with this question

Technically they are right, but the word "inconsistent" is probably appropriate here. Don't mess with the Chuck (aka CSA tannies), especially at this race.

As long as you stay out of contention for the win in the AL group, there's not much they can do (or see). Just say you overslept, and want to RIDE. Take your frame number off and enjoy - and stay off the front of AL.

Wind between 10 to 15km/h.

Cant really ask for better

Have a lekker safe ride everyone.

Talus hope to see you at the start before you drop me like a bad habit

Was not a bad day at all. Rode with the boys from Germiston Wheelers for a lot of it. very little other workers in AL. Was a fun but hard race.

We had two riders (one in each break), so we (GW) had half a free ride today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was not a bad day at all. Rode with the boys from Germiston Wheelers for a lot of it. very little other workers in AL. Was a fun but hard race.

No workers in other groups as well. As soon as u get spit out like a chewing gum by the main group the left overs will let u pull in front until you blow up then they come pass you ????

Wind between 10 to 15km/h.

Cant really ask for better

Have a lekker safe ride everyone.

Talus hope to see you at the start before you drop me like a bad habit

I tried to help out in front with the Paincave group for a while but got dropped at 30km. I had a long day alone with myself muttering obscenities and pondering the realities of being too fat to ride properly. I see they got in well under 3h. I didn't... How was your day?

You know..

I was in AL, all was pedestrian like until Walkerville and then - Kaploof!!....

It all went to ****

I pulled lots, The best was some dude in lumo kit tuning me as he went past "why I didnt't put effort in?

Only to reel him in just at the SBR turn off as he was Kabloomed!

Spent a good deal of time on the front of the following group until we caught them a few km's from the finish.

Ended up with a 2:48.

Good one the Germiston Wheelers - they did good

How come this race never got its own thread?

I was one of the Germiston Wheelers crew in AL, no not the really fast one in front unfortunately :) I was one battling terribly up Walkerville, fortunately got a heads up by a few club member that a group was approaching, joined up with them and we were ay for away... we tango'd with the elite ladies. Cherise loved the shorts the guy next to me was wearing, they were very let's pink :) . Good day out, didn't see any crash which to me makes it a good day out. I got to ride with some friends again which is always nice. A there and back home ride helped crank the training whip... needed a long

Sufferfest