Race for Victory 2016 - hubbers

NotSoBigBen

You know..

I was in AL, all was pedestrian like until Walkerville and then - Kaploof!!....

It all went to ****

I pulled lots, The best was some dude in lumo kit tuning me as he went past "why I didnt't put effort in?

Only to reel him in just at the SBR turn off as he was Kabloomed!

Spent a good deal of time on the front of the following group until we caught them a few km's from the finish.

Ended up with a 2:48.

Good one the Germiston Wheelers - they did good

How come this race never got its own thread?

See in the results I was in the same 2:48 bunch - not bad. Also needed the good long and hard session to really push the legs.

I was one of the Germiston Wheelers crew in AL, no not the really fast one in front unfortunately :) I was one battling terribly up Walkerville, fortunately got a heads up by a few club member that a group was approaching, joined up with them and we were ay for away... we tango'd with the elite ladies. Cherise loved the shorts the guy next to me was wearing, they were very let's pink :) . Good day out, didn't see any crash which to me makes it a good day out. I got to ride with some friends again which is always nice. A there and back home ride helped crank the training whip... needed a long

Sufferfest

was riding with you okes then... we got some time to relax sitting behind the elite ladies we caught and then as soon as the bunch caught up we became just another number in the bunch.

I have to say - The roads out there was REALLY K@k!!!

Edited by s14phoenix

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad day out. Haven't done 100+km since ride for sight so I knew I didn't have a 100km race in my legs. So I needed to ride smart, luckily the lead tandems we were with all rode nicely for once. There were no real attacks, just a consistent pace that dropped a few tandems. It was a small group to start with, only 13 tandems. Ended with a 2h50m. Good training.

Not a bad day out. Haven't done 100+km since ride for sight so I knew I didn't have a 100km race in my legs. So I needed to ride smart, luckily the lead tandems we were with all rode nicely for once. There were no real attacks, just a consistent pace that dropped a few tandems. It was a small group to start with, only 13 tandems. Ended with a 2h50m. Good training.

Well done on your win!

I see a number of elites were turned away before the reserve as they were too far back, more DNF's than actual finishers. 

Well done on your win!

Thanks man. Well done to you two as well. You were strong in the wind. It's a pity that other tandem punctured, My legs were poked from 70 odd KM so the extra help would have been lekker. Hit a new max HR in the sprint.

I see a number of elites were turned away before the reserve as they were too far back, more DNF's than actual finishers. 

The breakaway of 8 riders was out at over 8 minutes at one stage...

Well done, the Rolling Stones keep rolling on! Great win guys in windy conditions, with a good time!

Hope to see you both on many more podiums in the future!

Well done, the Rolling Stones keep rolling on! Great win guys in windy conditions, with a good time!

Hope to see you both on many more podiums in the future!

Thanks, But once all the big boys start racing again we struggle to get onto the podium. My toppie is strong but age is against him.

Is anyone aware of what has suddenly happened with the VC results and I am not sure if this has also happened to any other groups? I see the VC results have been changed and a whole bunch of riders (myself included) have been relegated to joint last spot and I have had about 1 hour added to my finish time. Possibly for riding in the gutters??? That's going to hurt my seeding somewhat ......

Is anyone aware of what has suddenly happened with the VC results and I am not sure if this has also happened to any other groups? I see the VC results have been changed and a whole bunch of riders (myself included) have been relegated to joint last spot and I have had about 1 hour added to my finish time. Possibly for riding in the gutters??? That's going to hurt my seeding somewhat ......

Did the commasaire tell the group that you had been DQ'd? A few years ago we(VA) got DQ'd for gutter riding on the right at this race.

Did the commasaire tell the group that you had been DQ'd? A few years ago we(VA) got DQ'd for gutter riding on the right at this race.

Nope. No verbal comms apart from the usual bike marshalls telling us to move over which happens for a few minutes, but definately no formal warning or comms that we had been DQ'd

Nope. No verbal comms apart from the usual bike marshalls telling us to move over which happens for a few minutes, but definately no formal warning or comms that we had been DQ'd

Hmm yeah then I don't know. We definitely knew about our DQ. The CSA lady warned us a few times and then came up next to us and said its over.

Send racetec a mail and find out. Let us know.

Hmm yeah then I don't know. We definitely knew about our DQ. The CSA lady warned us a few times and then came up next to us and said its over.

Send racetec a mail and find out. Let us know.

Have sent query but still no response from them. Now to find another qualifier for 94.7 seeing as that adding almost an hour to my finish time wont be a great result.

Anyone heard back from Racetec on the R4V queries? I'm still waiting for them to change/update my start group

Still waiting......