Joe's No Flats Tubeless System - Review

ewep

OK, the review starts here

Bought my box at Cyclelab for R445.  I know BigBen got it cheaper at Cajees, but don't buy from them.

03 Oct 2006

Installed Joe's.  Had no problem.  Only thing they advise is that you inflate NEW tires on the bike rim and leave it like that for a t least 24 hours.  My tires have been used, so had no problem.  Just follow the instructions carefully.

04 Oct 2006

Checked the tyre pressure this morning, no drop in pressure at all.  Going on a ride this afternoon to check.

Rest to follow soon!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to convert from my home-made system to Joe's and did the conversion last night. As I've got very narrow rims, the rubber strip sits on top of the bead lock & not underneath it.

Instead of using Joe's sealant, I used a combination of Stans and Sludge and filled up the tyres with Stans Injector (a big syringe & screws onto the valve)

First tyre went smoothly & was sealed within 5 minutes, the second tyre had a slight problem in that the valve kept getting blocked with the sealant & I constantly had to remove the injector & re-fill the tyre with air to clear the blockage.

I checked the tyres this morning & had to re-fill with air as they had gone down slightly.

I'm going to ride D & D tomorrow night, & will give further feedback.

For you guru types!

My MTB has the 'car' valves and the kit I saw had the 'skinny' valves. Can I use the skinny kit on the car type rims?

EWEP - I haven't bought it yet but they offered at 395 ZA rond! I buy from whoever gives me the best price for pricier items! Specially those that I will fit myself! Did you use non-tubeless tyres? Which ones?

BB, Yes !

Joe's comes with the spacers that fit between the Presta (skinny)valve and the rim hole. My rims also accept Schrader (car) valves.

I've used normal Larsen TT's, so UST tyres are not a necessity.

Even better , They got a rim strip specially for "car type" valves . I threw the brochure away with the product codes but will go and get another one .

Looks like every Tom, Dick and Harry is bringing out his own version. there was Stan's now there is Joes's. I'm gonna bring out Mampara's No Flat System. Just use a permatube from Pick'n Pay. Please make sure of correct size as money will not be refunded for incorrect size chosen. Big%20smile

LOL Nee jou mampara , die goed moet ligter ook wees !! En ek moet se dit is 10 keer moeiliker om Permatube te installeer as Stansof Joe's .

Thug - Thanks mate, am also using Larsen TT's on my Specialized.

Cajees here I come! Any tips for the 'fitting? Will probably do it tonight.

Okie Dokie, looks easy enough! Like I said tonights the night, I will be doing the conversion now but will put new tyres on before Sabie experience, is there enough sealant to do the new tyres or will I need to buy more? Is just the sealant expensive?

Okay on a serious note. Can I ask a bike shop to fit Joe's, Stan's or Willem's when I buy a bike?

BB, same here on the TTs.  Just remeber to inflate new tyres for at least 24 hours with a tube in.  Makes the seating easier.  I have Ritchey OCR rims, and fitment was easy.

As for Cajees, I called to ask them about it, told me the product doesn't exist.  Asked them for Conti Attack/Force tyres and were kakked out because I was wasting their time.  So no more buying from the ASSHOLES!

Mamapara the bikes shops will all tell you to buy Tubeless Tyress before they will install it for you !!! Me and EWEP had big fight with them about this . If you got access to a compressor do it urself , it is real easy .

DR - I'll take a ride to the local service station tonight if I need to! No problem.

EWEP - Gonna use my old TT's for now! Which Cajee's was that? I only go to the one at Comaro crossing and have got to know Zainub / Yusuf quite well. Have always had good service and pricing from them.

Woohoo I will be tubeless soon!

Flip it's like Xmas, put the 9 sp Ultegra on Byrons' bike and the 10sp Ultegra on mine, will only ride on Saturday with the new kit through Suikerbosrand (Byron cause of his arm and me cause I don't train on the 'I am special' bike during the week!).

MAMPARA -> It's easy to fit.  Buy your bike, buy Joe's and I'll help you, at the cost of a beer or six.  As DR said, the shops try to rip you off by telling you you MUST use UST tyres, even though the site says: "

BB -> Comaro and the one behind Eastgate(Park Meadows).  Spoke to Mohammed at Comaro and who-cares-about-clients at Eastgate.  Used to speak to one guy, but he left.

I did mine at the garage next to our place.  Sommer sat on their grass, tinkering away.  People prob thought that this oke is crazy (ok, I'm only HALF crazy!)

MAMPARA -> It's easy to fit.  Buy your bike (make sure the rims are compatible though), buy Joe's and I'll help you, at the cost of a beer or six.  As DR said, the shops try to rip you off by telling you you MUST use UST tyres, even though the site says: "Joe's Tubeless System is designed to convert all standard rims and tires to tubeless."

BB -> Comaro and the one behind Eastgate(Park Meadows).  Spoke to Mohammed at Comaro and who-cares-about-clients at Eastgate.  Used to speak to one guy, but he left.

I did mine at the garage next to our place.  Sommer sat on their grass, tinkering away.  People prob thought that this oke is crazy (ok, I'm only HALF crazy!)