Riders you liked & supported over the years V riders you really don't like . . . .

Bonus

Thomas Voeckler. Unliked and awesome!

To be honest, for the first few days I thought that Margeret van Wyk pic was Voekler or Aru's Passport pic that went viral, still struggle to tell the difference.

Margeret pic, Voekler, Aru or Predator when he removes his mask.... Honestly, it's all the same to me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas Voeckler. Unliked and awesome!

Love this guy with his crazy riding style and (unintentional) funny faces. I know not everyone likes him but I remember back in 2004 when he spent 10 days in yellow and he fought hard for all of them.

Pantani!

Iban mayo?( not sure of spelling)

Micheal rasmusen

Yah, correct spelling, I guess they are "dislikes" but I forgot about Mayo, frankly there were circumstances around his suspension for doping which I think were controversial, I am pretty sure he did dope but the process used to ban him was, as I say, controversial. I actually quite liked him, he had an explosive ability rarely seen today and was really one of the few climber's able to challenge Armstrong, sadly his career was very short and after his banning he stopped cycling altogether I believe.

An interesting fella. 

Love this guy with his crazy riding style and (unintentional) funny faces. I know not everyone likes him but I remember back in 2004 when he spent 10 days in yellow and he fought hard for all of them.

Yah, I like the old guy, I say that with the greatest of respect, but he is in fact one of the older riders around. Ever the opportunist he has maintained an exemplary career by just attacking off the front and going on breaks, he seldom wins and mostly just rides off the back somewhere, but few other riders have his persona, which sets him apart and keeps him in the public's eye.   

Yah, great guys, Allan, Ertjies and Willie, not strictly cyclists but Raynard Tissink and Conrad Stoltz could also be included. I rode a bit with Raynard in the old days, strictly casual riding only as he could ride away from me with one leg, I had no hope of staying even near him in race mode, but he was a very humble guy and you would often find him amongst the bunch at school or other local bike events for fund raising, even when 99.9% of the time he could have won the event with his eyes closed he never, ever raced to win, you would always find him amongst the middle markers chatting away when most of the bunch didn't even know who he was. 

I know what you mean.

Similar guy in Durbs when I was a youngster riding was Manfred Fuhs - always had time to wave and have a quick word of encouragement...I often saw him at the head of a paceline - shirtless and pulling the poor souls behind him like a flock of geese.

Yah, correct spelling, I guess they are "dislikes" but I forgot about Mayo, frankly there were circumstances around his suspension for doping which I think were controversial, I am pretty sure he did dope but the process used to ban him was, as I say, controversial. I actually quite liked him, he had an explosive ability rarely seen today and was really one of the few climber's able to challenge Armstrong, sadly his career was very short and after his banning he stopped cycling altogether I believe.

An interesting fella.

Anything Pat McQuaid had to do with as UCI president was dodge - IMO..

He went after Mayo in a big way.

Anything Pat McQuaid had to do with as UCI president was dodge - IMO..

He went after Mayo in a big way.

Mayo was able to challenge Lance.

This did not mesh with the agenda.

I like

Ulrich, big man who just powered on

Greg what a humble skilled gent

Peter Sagan brings all the fun to the yard

In the middle

Skyborg only because of low personality factor on the bike , seems like a legend guy,

Not so much:

Jens, can't handle the faces yo yo riding fast, slow,attack blown

Lemond always looks so full of himself just want to high five him off the bike when I watch the old footage

Contadoos, for so many reasons

The schleck sisters(dam that's funny) drama delux

Cadel don't touch me I'm a prima Donna

Nairo Quintana only because every time a presenter sees him they say the same thing"he MUST attack now,, surely"

Hands down my best rider LANCE,,I'm C for SERIAAAS

RIDER, entertainment priceless, consistent , fearless MADE me watch every minute he rode, made me jump up and down like a child,

As a human being not so much, yes a bully and a coward,terrible person but luckily we talking riders and not personality

GO LANCE

Hushovd *****

I really miss him in the big races, was such a happy looking guy and a great rider.

My new Thor is Greipel, that big German has the happiest smile and is an absolute monster in the sprints.

Liked: Delgado, Indurain, Cippolini, Chiappucci and Zulle.

Admired Lemond for his 8 sec win and world title he won in the rain against Notsostrong.

Like Sagan, Berto, Nibali.

Irritated by Froome and the Skyborgs?

I like

Ulrich, big man who just powered on

Greg what a humble skilled gent

Peter Sagan brings all the fun to the yard

In the middle

Skyborg only because of low personality factor on the bike , seems like a legend guy,

Not so much:

Jens, can't handle the faces yo yo riding fast, slow,attack blown

Lemond always looks so full of himself just want to high five him off the bike when I watch the old footage

Contadoos, for so many reasons

The schleck sisters(dam that's funny) drama delux

Cadel don't touch me I'm a prima Donna

Nairo Quintana only because every time a presenter sees him they say the same thing"he MUST attack now,, surely"

Hands down my best rider LANCE,,I'm C for SERIAAAS

RIDER, entertainment priceless, consistent , fearless MADE me watch every minute he rode, made me jump up and down like a child,

As a human being not so much, yes a bully and a coward,terrible person but luckily we talking riders and not personality

GO LANCE

Yah, Big Jan was a legend, I bumped into him once at the Argus when he rode it, I had just parked my car and was busy pulling my bike out and this car pulled in a few places down, out hopped Jan, pulled his bike out the back, pumped up his own tyres and off he went. No fan fare, no troops of bodyguards or hangers on, just Jan and his bike in the car.

He also made history that year because if you remember he punctured and didn't have a spare tube, so he pushed his bike (on his own) to a water stand and helped handing out Bar Ones and coke while he waited for the broom wagon, a mate of mine said when he stopped he couldn't believe his eyes,here was one of the worlds best cyclists handing out water sachets.

Jan lived first and cycled second, he ate pies, enjoyed a beer, went on vacation, got fat, crash dieted, got in trouble, missed a training session (or ten)...... he was a character of note, the kind of fella I would like to spend an evening with..... the current crop of cyclists, Hmm, not so much.!