2016 DH World Champs - Val di Sole

Stretch

They had the Master's Worlds last weekend. Only one RSA rider that I could see, Chris Nixon in the 45-49 cat. He crashed on his race run after qualifying 7th, but still managed 14th place.

I am hoping GM continues his run of form of late and at WC races. Make it No 4 please GM.

Negative Headshot - Cyril Spence from JHB also raced. ... he was in 30-34. I think he ended up 54th .... first time racing at World Champs or overseas.

But Chris ending up 14th with a crash  ... thats good going 

Edited by nigelhicks

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, thought you might pick that up! Still I hope you're wrong.

lol - i hope so too!

i have been a bit pissed off with his lack of professionalism this year so maybe he just needs a gap year to let his hair down

all that said...he is still ranked 10th!!

Predictions for the weekend...

1. Bruni

2. Gwin

3. Hart/Minnaar

But 1st prize would be Greg on the top step.

In light of the Atherton debacle, let me switch to my sarcastic font... 

1. Gee's Sister  :P 

2. Kaos's Sister

3. Sik-Mik's Sister 

Ha ha I was just reading this comment and thinking "Oh no, some dude is going to rip into Rachel all over again"...I only realised it was my Super-Mil when I looked to the side bar! But that is pretty funny..."sarcastic font" - I must remember to use that in the future.

Ha ha I was just reading this comment and thinking "Oh no, some dude is going to rip into Rachel all over again"...I only realised it was my Super-Mil when I looked to the side bar! But that is pretty funny..."sarcastic font" - I must remember to use that in the future.

Comic sans is the de facto sarcasm font... Not available on the mobile platform, unfortunately. 

Predictions for the weekend...

1. Bruni

2. Gwin

3. Hart/Minnaar

But 1st prize would be Greg on the top step.

In light of the Atherton debacle, let me switch to my sarcastic font... 

1. Gee's Sister  :P 

2. Kaos's Sister

3. Sik-Mik's Sister 

you know I want Kaos's sister to win...but I think she has been a bit too banged up in the last month.

not so sure about Gwinn....he has a bit of ivan lendl with World Champs....I reckon Troy is a dark horse...but my heart says greg

Edited by Stretch

Id say:

1. Gwin

2. Minnaar

3. Bruni

1. Rach (of course)

2. Tahnee

3. Manon

My heart also wants Greg to win, but Id say Gwin will take it.

Hart will push too hard and throw it away ... as will Pompon 

Edited by nigelhicks

I see you have been very quiet on the whole rachel debate.....

I see you have been very quiet on the whole rachel debate.....

Ja, I said to Super_Mil that I can understand why she gets frustrated at their consistent bland commentary and brother comments, but I also don't think Claudio and Rob were being flippant or intentionally dismissive of her hard work, her own career and pathways. I am not a fan of venting on public platforms - so there were possibly other ways for her to talk to them about it, that would have seemed less like she was asking them to meet her in the town square at noon for a shoot out ;)

She's impressive and I wish I could ride as fast as her - but as stylishly as Casey Brown and have the sense of humour and easy-going nature of Tahnee :) Then I would be a happy rider...Actually I wish I could ride like Rika ;)

No predictions. I'm always wrong anyways.

I really want Tahnee to win.

The fly in Rachel's champagne. At champs nogal. Thats a big fly. 

Manon? mmh... don't think she'll beat Rachel.

What other girls are there? Myriam? I suppose it would be nice to see her win. pose for a new calendar. I don't really care.

I predict that we will see Loic dominating with a few back to back WC wins. Maybe even as early as next season. But I want Mr Min to take this one.

https://youtu.be/Qs4LaAJzbXE

There's also Tracey Hannah and Miranda Miller

My bet is 1. Rachel, 2. Tahnee and 3. Tracey or Manon, but probably Tracey - because your chosen calendar model will probably do herself in pushing too hard (as Nigel said)... ;) 

No predictions. I'm always wrong anyways.

I really want Tahnee to win.

The fly in Rachel's champagne. At champs nogal. Thats a big fly. 

Manon? mmh... don't think she'll beat Rachel.

What other girls are there? Myriam? I suppose it would be nice to see her win. pose for a new calendar. I don't really care.

I predict that we will see Loic dominating with a few back to back WC wins. Maybe even as early as next season. But I want Mr Min to take this one.

https://youtu.be/Qs4LaAJzbXE

Ja, I said to Super_Mil that I can understand why she gets frustrated at their consistent bland commentary and brother comments, but I also don't think Claudio and Rob were being flippant or intentionally dismissive of her hard work, her own career and pathways. I am not a fan of venting on public platforms - so there were possibly other ways for her to talk to them about it, that would have seemed less like she was asking them to meet her in the town square at noon for a shoot out ;)

She's impressive and I wish I could ride as fast as her - but as stylishly as Casey Brown and have the sense of humour and easy-going nature of Tahnee :) Then I would be a happy rider...Actually I wish I could ride like Rika ;)

yeah - she is super talented...I just dont like her ego of late...I dont quite know what has happened - but she used to be super chill a few seasons back and ever since she lost the title to manon in 2014 he whole persona has changed...if she gets the perfect season WITH a world champs win i think her head might explode... I really want Tahnee to win at worlds ..not justto beat rachel..but because I think she really needs something to take out of this season where she has had some real bad luck despite knocking on rachel's proverbial front door..i think its gonna be interesting

yeah - she is super talented...I just dont like her ego of late...I dont quite know what has happened - but she used to be super chill a few seasons back and ever since she lost the title to manon in 2014 he whole persona has changed...if she gets the perfect season WITH a world champs win i think her head might explode... I really want Tahnee to win at worlds ..not justto beat rachel..but because I think she really needs something to take out of this season where she has had some real bad luck despite knocking on rachel's proverbial front door..i think its gonna be interesting

Tahnee hasn't been knocking on Rachel's door, she's been bashing at it with a sledgehammer! :whistling:

Jokes aside I would absolutely love it if Tahnee could do a 'Bruni' and take her first elite win at World's. One heck of a racer! That said, I think her confidence has maybe taken a blow too many this past season and her getting a podium would be a fantastic result. Definitely holding thumbs for the win though.

My preferred ladies podium:

Tahnee

Tracey

Rachel/Manon

The men are tougher to call but I back Hart to get a podium, same for GM and Gwin with GM taking his fourth title.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk