SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to submit supporting documents.

Stuff that has already been submitted to them.

Luckily I'll get some money out of them this year

I submitted on Thursday 5 July and I see on e-filing there is a "letter" dated Sunday 8 July requesting the info.  :eek:

If I hadn't gone onto e-filing to check when I can expect the payout, I would never have seen the letter. It hasn't been sent to my email.

I submitted on Thursday 5 July and I see on e-filing there is a "letter" dated Sunday 8 July requesting the info.  :eek:

If I hadn't gone onto e-filing to check when I can expect the payout, I would never have seen the letter. It hasn't been sent to my email.

Something wrong there.I get an sms and an email notifying me

Also playing the waiting game. Phoned them to ask when they will pay me and say they don't know yet... wth

• 4 weeks later...

The past few years, I have submitted, and a week or two later received a payment. Not big, but a couple thousand Rand usually. I don’t want lots of money from the tax man, I just don’t want to owe him if I can help it.  

This year, submitted on the evening of the 1st of July, immediately flagged as to be audited. Asked for more documents. Uploaded said documents. Waited. On the 19th of July they came back asking for more documents. Uploaded said documents. 2nd of August, still waiting.

I think we all know the pot they need to repay from is empty and will use every delaying tactic possible within their framework to delay.

I hear of people with payments due of less than R500 which submitted during first week still awaiting payment.

In my case submitted week 1 of tax season, immediately flagged (year 4) and asked for supporting documents, which was promptly submitted and still waiting...

I see a pattern here

Same with my Wife. 3rd year in a row, flagged and asked for supporting documents.

Last year we had to go and sit for 6 hours at SARS, just to GIVE/HAND them the supporting documents. Two days later money reflected in the bank.

I get audited every year. They normally raise an assessment, simply because the auditors don't always understand the tax law. I normally have to object. This process normally takes 6 months or so.

This year, they accepted the supporting docs and my refund was paid in two weeks. A record for me.

I get audited every year. They normally raise an assessment, simply because the auditors don't always understand the tax law. I normally have to object. This process normally takes 6 months or so.

This year, they accepted the supporting docs and my refund was paid in two weeks. A record for me.

Same here . First time in 20 years, no docs, no audit . Paid out in 5 days.

Same here . First time in 20 years, no docs, no audit . Paid out in 5 days.

You wrote Purple Rain fer goodness sake. Of course they'll pay you out quickly.

Submitted support docs 3 weeks ago. Nothing yet. But someone i know in the Durds office says i will wait 21 (working ?) days easy these days. But all the info was there waiting for me on my forms, so they are definitely creating a VERY nice tracking schedule of all my financial activities

I think we all know the pot they need to repay from is empty and will use every delaying tactic possible within their framework to delay.

I hear of people with payments due of less than R500 which submitted during first week still awaiting payment.

In my case submitted week 1 of tax season, immediately flagged (year 4) and asked for supporting documents, which was promptly submitted and still waiting...

I see a pattern here

I took all my supporting documents with because I have been audited for 5 years on the trot. My return has not changed. I have to go in anyway as we claim medical expenses on my Mom inlaw and SARS requires 12 months bank statements to prove payment which I can't upload electronically... Waiting patiently for the results.

My wife was selected for audit and was asked to submit documents. Next day she received her refund without submitting documents....  :huh:

I took all my supporting documents with because I have been audited for 5 years on the trot. My return has not changed. I have to go in anyway as we claim medical expenses on my Mom inlaw and SARS requires 12 months bank statements to prove payment which I can't upload electronically... Waiting patiently for the results.

My wife was selected for audit and was asked to submit documents. Next day she received her refund without submitting documents....  :huh:

Wrong button pushed