SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

Wrong button pushed

Yeah, that's what we figured. We'll keep the docs for next year because they will ask for them When she does the next submission...

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitted support docs 3 weeks ago. Nothing yet. But someone i know in the Durds office says i will wait 21 (working ?) days easy these days. But all the info was there waiting for me on my forms, so they are definitely creating a VERY nice tracking schedule of all my financial activities

I'm on 18 "working days" since I submitted my docs. Will see what happens next week

I need to go in to prove I am who I am and to prove my banking account details ... even though the past few years they have paid the funds into the same flipping account!

And I go via e-filling .... this ain't cool hommies 

I need to go in to prove I am who I am and to prove my banking account details ... even though the past few years they have paid the funds into the same flipping account!

The not cool part about this is the fact that those details are linked to IRP5 :cursing:

The not cool part about this is the fact that those details are linked to IRP5 :cursing:

walked past SARS yesterday after a meeting around 2:30pm .... and the line was still ridiculously long!

walked past SARS yesterday after a meeting around 2:30pm .... and the line was still ridiculously long!

Just fall in line. Take you docs, your phone and some tunes. It goes quickly. Total time for us was about 2hrs including the queue that was wrapped around the parking lot. They were issuing numbers outside in the parking lot [emoji106]

This is something we are seeing more and more.

I have a client with a R500k refund that must be manually approved by SARS because their bank account is suddenly invalid. They won't approve it until this verification is done. But, the same client has been receiving VAT refunds into the same account. They got one on Wednesday. How on earth does SARS do things

Just fall in line. Take you docs, your phone and some tunes. It goes quickly. Total time for us was about 2hrs including the queue that was wrapped around the parking lot. They were issuing numbers outside in the parking lot [emoji106]

You do realize that before their so called "modernisation" the SARS client charter stated that a taxpayer must be helped within 15mins and that for most part, they met their target.

I yearn for those old days. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to work with them

I eventually received my funds after 1 month

Nice. Well done. I am still checking my account every morning...

If I may ask, was your payout approximately the same as what was given in the E Filing calculation?

So on the 6 August, I got letter saying it's closed/verification complete pretty much bang on 21 "working" days.

I guess I'll have to wait another 21 "working" days before it gets paid out

If I may ask, was your payout approximately the same as what was given in the E Filing calculation?

Check your statement of account for what you are due

Check your statement of account for what you are due

What I'm getting at is that the last few years my payout was pretty much the same as what the estimate was on submission. With having been audited this year for the first time, I'm curious to see if that is the same or they change the amount for some reason. No biggie, was just curious.

Yes, however, mine done by tax consultant

What I'm getting at is that the last few years my payout was pretty much the same as what the estimate was on submission. With having been audited this year for the first time, I'm curious to see if that is the same or they change the amount for some reason. No biggie, was just curious.

My fourth year of audit/verification and the e-filing total have been amended once, which was last year.

SARS must've had a huge gremlin in their system (read Tom) cause my payout reduced from big payout to me to me owing them. It was eventually rectified and I received my correct payout.