Another chance to enter the 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

I know a couple of people that have done 12+ races, but just couldn't be bothered to enter a lottery system.

Edited by Pulse

They were even this morning talking about it on the radio that they reallocated 600 international entries for locals.  And this time it will be a first come first serve basis.

people spend more than R510 on a night out. It has nothing to do with mula.

Not for you, but for some it does - I secured my lottery entry and while going through the payment process I had a moment of clarity - it just seemed like it has become too easy to just keep forking over more and more money every time - maybe it is time I spend that R510 on 3 bottles of wine rather than chasing  sub 3  bragging rights. I will be sure to go ride my bike somewhere epic for free on the 12th of March so that I don't feel like I am missing out.

people spend more than R510 on a night out. It has nothing to do with mula.

I beg to differ. I have an unclaimed entry because I can't afford R510, as I'm sure many other do

Not for you, but for some it does - I secured my lottery entry and while going through the payment process I had a moment of clarity - it just seemed like it has become too easy to just keep forking over more and more money every time - maybe it is time I spend that R510 on 3 bottles of wine rather than chasing  sub 3  bragging rights. I will be sure to go ride my bike somewhere epic for free on the 12th of March so that I don't feel like I am missing out.

Let me explain more clearly. If there is something you want to do you will find the means. 

R510 is a lot of money to a lot of people. But how often do I hear these words "I have no money!" by the same people that walk out the office to go smoke! When I calculated how much money they spent on smokes and their daily chocolate and coke to get that sugar high they were speechless. 

I should not generalise but I can't help but feel that if your really wanted to ride the CTCT you would make a plan! 

I don't think R510 is that much for what you get. I think most of the gripes are because it used to be very much cheaper, and not so much now.

Any case, look what people spend on their bikes.

Any case, look what people spend on their bikes.

I think that's exactly what they are banking on. I hate annual increases, wont be long until its a Grand. 

R510 is a lot  of money, but for me it is my annual pilgrimage down to the Mother City to ride, what is in my opinion, the best race in the country! It does mean budgeting through out the year and  forgoing the odd night out! The FOMO I would endure not doing the race, while all my mates were, is not worth the pain! So roll on number 12 for me next year! God willing!   

I don't think it is too much for what we get, yet. But I do think the difference between the entry for the Argus and other races like the Amashova or next year's Herald is rather significant.

Given that we have to travel down to CPT, accommodation and food, the entry fee is still one of the less expensive parts of the trip though, so I will keep doing it as long as I am able.