The 2016 UCI MTB World Downhill Championships is upon us, and takes place this year in Val di Sole, Italy from 6-11 September. The South African team prepares for a great week of bike building, preparation and practice ahead of the main competition events on Saturday and Sunday.

Click here to view the article

Team photo without greg...bit odd that

Greg was probably not around when the pic was taken..

Greg was probably not around when the pic was taken..

yeah...i realise that - but then take the photo when they all together

I am sure there will be more to follow.

Greg does not stay with the team ... he stays with the Syndicate at Worlds ... if you look at all the Worlds pictures from previous years neither Minnaar or Needles are in the pics as they are with their respective trade teams ... 

Although Pottie and Stefan are on teams they are essentially "privateers" so can gain from the funding for accommodation and meals etc supplied by CSA for worlds.

Its the same in the pits at Worlds ... as the Syndicate have paid for a stand Greg Pits there and not with the SA team who pit out of a small trailer with a single gazebo ...

Neethling?

Didnt make the selection criteria based on UCI and CSA regulations. ...

This has brought about a rethink in the criteria - which I personally think is needed for SA.

This has brought about a rethink in the criteria - which I personally think is needed for SA.

so if someone like GM gets injured next year and sits out the WC season and is all fit by August next year they wont let him race world champs?

he must have raced enough world cups this year to qualify..surely?

Greg does not stay with the team ... he stays with the Syndicate at Worlds ... if you look at all the Worlds pictures from previous years neither Minnaar or Needles are in the pics as they are with their respective trade teams ... 

Although Pottie and Stefan are on teams they are essentially "privateers" so can gain from the funding for accommodation and meals etc supplied by CSA for worlds.

Its the same in the pits at Worlds ... as the Syndicate have paid for a stand Greg Pits there and not with the SA team who pit out of a small trailer with a single gazebo ...

i get all that - but if its Team SA then just haul him over and take a pic with him in it...yeah I am being pedantic

Edited by Stretch

i get all that - but if its Team SA then just haul him over and take a pic with him in it...yeah I am being pedantic

yep, could be easier to take these okes to the syndicate pits...maybe they tried and this pic was better than no pic.