Chain Reaction Cycles- Sram

Shangri la

If anything they will up prices and say they need to recover losses. Got you by the balls now. 

I guess there's a lot of 'reason' for higher prices built into the forex influence <_<

Over the past 3 years or so, there was a fair amount of price parity between local pricing and landed price for imported cycling hardware. But of late, say the past year, the difference between local pricing for forks for instance, and the landed cost of importing one, easily ran into thousands of rands. If you were lucky and/or smart, and you waited for the european sale season, then the price differential was even more staggering.

With this bit of protectioneering by SRAM, would it be a stretch to hope that prices will come down to more palatable levels now that they are going to be moving more stock locally, ie, not have to compete with private imports? Someone laughed at me this morning when i expressed this bit of personal optimism :P

Edited by jaqkar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Question. If you import from CRC, and you have an issue with the product, who do you take it to for warranty support? CRC or the local agents?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Question. If you import from CRC, and you have an issue with the product, who do you take it to for warranty support? CRC or the local agents?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CRC

OMG I just tried it with my own advice, they rejected me buying Sram and Zipp products, 

this is not great news, if Cool Heat get onto this bandwagon they will stop us getting Shimano parts, then they have us by the short and curlies, and prices will increase, thank god for CWC keeping it regulated.

I will try the Smart poxy tonight, but they picked up this on the final step of my delivery request.

any update?

• 3 months later...

What's the taxes on a set of wheels ? Anyone know what they charge you ?

Evans have some really good deals.

Edited by Pikey

Use a freight forwarder You can bulk up packages from several suppliers and also avoid country restrictions. Many uk shops are now selling certain stuff uk only. Thing is you will pay VAT that side as you ship local not sure how you guys can get that back. 

I just use it to limit shipping on small orders and get arround the occasional restriction. Santa got me a nice box with 8 small packages inside.

Double VAT at CRC, may still be cheaper on some Sram products...

It might it will still be interesting on sale items or parts not available in RSA

• 2 years later...

https://www.jensonusa.com

they ship to SA with UPS like merlin.

ps you can get around the CRC blocking items thing if you are on a VPN that hides your IP address if you want to view. imnot sure how shipping would work but it'scrap nontheless. its a free world...i can buy from whom i want  

If you set the preferences on the crc site to UK and pounds you don’t needs a vpn too see the range of sram etc. Then if you want to buy just save the item to the ‘saved / watch list’, then swap your location preference from Uk to SA and simply move the item from watch list to basket add your shipping address in SA and pay. No hassles and wait for it to arrive. My fork had free shipping as well as a killer price.