Beginner - Advice on MTB purchase

lurendrin

Hi All,

Did my intro at the introduction section :)

I'm a complete beginner to cycling and am looking to get a MTB to start off with. I am 1.78m tall and am doing this to get into shape and have some fun on the off road trails. Might possibly just use it also as a road bicycle just to get the fitness in during the week. Budget at the moment is R3000

Any advice on the bike to look at?

At 1.78m you are on the borderline between med and large frames so be sure to ride any bikes offered for sale before buying. You can fine tune size adjustments with stems, seatposts and bars but not make major adjustments with these.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

At 1.78m you are on the borderline between med and large frames so be sure to ride any bikes offered for sale before buying. You can fine tune size adjustments with stems, seatposts and bars but not make major adjustments with these.

I will definitely do so, thank you. What do i look out for though with regards to feel to know that it is the right size for me?

Thanks, i've had a look at the sections and specifically that one. Just was not sure of the brand and what exactly to look out for.

Is the Cubixx bike not a good brand?

Merida is a good brand, Cubixx i have not heard of. 

Ideally find someone who knows to go with you. Also look up the sizing chart on the web for the bike you intend buying. Most of the info for older models is available in Support / Help section of Manufacturer's websites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...