Lefty Owners. Read here

Meentb

Any of you guys had any issues with the new spring system of the lefty? Mine was fitted with this new internals last week because of numerous issues with the previous system (fork collapsed). 1h into my 1st ride and the fork collapsed again!!!!!!!

This happened to mine also, was already fitted with the new 2spring from the factory , I am worried that the 2.0 even with the upgrade is very maintenance intensive ....Was suppose to be an upgrade from the previous 1.0 Hybrid. I rode the 1.0 hybrid for 4 years and it never gave me problems .

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lefty owners, the site says I'm a size large at 177/178 cm but I checked the geometry against my old Vipa XT 2015 and even a size M has a longer reach and similar (just a little bit longer) distance between the saddle and the handlebars. I loved my VIPA I just wanted something newer/more reliable and with a little bit slackier head angle for confidence, main concern here is having a very efficient marathon/XC machine, so going large with the extra weight that implies doesn't excite me much.

I wanted to know among the owners here of similar sizes what frame size you went for

Hey Lefty owners, the site says I'm a size large at 177/178 cm but I checked the geometry against my old Vipa XT 2015 and even a size M has a longer reach and similar (just a little bit longer) distance between the saddle and the handlebars. I loved my VIPA I just wanted something newer/more reliable and with a little bit slackier head angle for confidence, main concern here is having a very efficient marathon/XC machine, so going large with the extra weight that implies doesn't excite me much.

I wanted to know among the owners here of similar sizes what frame size you went for

172cm , inseam 81.5cm with sternum notch at 141cm. Arms  60cm average

ride a Medium 2018 Reach 424mm with 80mm -5degree stem). I'd probably prefer a 70mm stem.

I can fit on a small 2021 (reach 415mm w 90mm stem ) or a medium 2021 (reach 435mm w 70mm stem.

at 5cm taller you could fit on a medium with either a lay back seatpost or a longer stem. 

Edited by DieselnDust

Hi JBR,

I'm 175cm's, Had a medium VIpa XT and have been riding a Medium 2017 Scalpel since um, 2017.

Prefer the Scalpels Medium to the VIpa Medium. The VIpa almost felt on the small side in terms of handling but was comfortable and was the right size for me. The Scalpel just has a much more playful feel to it and feels like it fits me better.