Contego Segment Hunter: Episode 4 Preview - Bartinney Skyfall

Contego Segment Hunter

What about some QOM hunting? Suikerbossie south side comes to mind or Chappies

Where are the mtb segs on suikers or chappies? Link?

I must be honest, I didn't find Skyfall to be the incredible track that it's been hyped up to be.  Some trails you get to the end of and think to yourself "woah!  That was the best trail ever!" but for this one it just felt pretty good.  Maybe it's just a bit too manicured?  

I must be honest, I didn't find Skyfall to be the incredible track that it's been hyped up to be.  Some trails you get to the end of and think to yourself "woah!  That was the best trail ever!" but for this one it just felt pretty good.  Maybe it's just a bit too manicured?  

Hype can do that to you, pretty good is pretty good in my book.

agreed.

I thinks it looks better (as in the stunning photographs you see) than it actually is. Still lekker though.

Edited by MTBeer

This

It is open - as they say buy a Banhoek permit. Last time I rode it was just after some heavy rain and a bit of snow. You can start in Stellies and do a 40 k loop from Botmanskop down Skyfall and along the Boschendal trails. Skyfall  is pedally and dead boring in my opinion. In fact I think it might be more fun riding up it. :-) 

Hype can do that to you, pretty good is pretty good in my book.

True, sometimes all the hype do a trail no favours, Umkomaas decent on Sani2C comes to mind as well.

Where are the mtb segs on suikers or chappies? Link?

Why must it be dirt? James did his on red hill, no MTB segments there.

Find the going up ones more interesting than the down ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why must it be dirt? James did his on red hill, no MTB segments there.

Find the going up ones more interesting than the down ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps they must get Ash to do a Hill hunt when she's back in the country ;)