Trail Z officially opened at Hoogekraal?

billygoat0523

Saw several riders riding the new Trail Z on S-word.  Is this trail officially opened yet?  In the newsletter it said an announcement would be made this week.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope not open yet - still some bridges to be built but if you subscribe to the newsletter or follow the facebook page, you'll hear as soon as the trail gnomes are ready for you :thumbup:

As Rapunzel says, trail not open yet. There was a test recently with a few riders, but under no circumstances should it be ridden by anyone not given an official invite by Patrick or Bennett. And that time has come and gone..

and yes i subscribe to newsletters, facebook page etc. do you understand my confusion now?

edit: i was trying to say i checked newsletter, checked facebook and there was no announcement.  therefore i never went down there.

Edited by billygoat0523

and yes i subscribe to newsletters, facebook page etc. do you understand my confusion now?

No confusion. It isn't open yet. End of story.

No announcement has come out of the normal channels. Until it does, it IS. NOT. OPEN.

I'm sure the club is fully aware of any people who have ridden it and not been a part of the test rides, and are handling it themselves.

"fully aware" is stretching it somewhat.  check out the amount of riders that strava'd it today.  how do they know about the buggers who never recorded or uploaded their activities?  are there hidden cameras there?  oh wait, they'd probably not want you to know about it.

and don't shoot the messenger.  i get it, it's not opened yet.

so seems pretty simple... it's not open. If people are riding it then they a) were invited (and looking at some of the names on that list is seems pretty likely) or b) not supposed to be riding it and are riding it illegally therefore prime a grade tools.  

Ether way... it's not open and neither a) or b) changes that for you or me or gives a green light to go ride. 

Edited by hellocolour

so seems pretty simple... it's not open. If people are riding it then they a) were invited (and looking at some of the names on that list is seems pretty likely) or b) not supposed to be riding it and are riding it illegally therefore prime a grade tools.  

Ether way... it's not open and neither a) or b) changes that for you or me or gives a green light to go ride. 

I also think most likely (a) - not sure why you guys are so hard on the OP, he is just asking what is going on?

I also think most likely (a) - not sure why you guys are so hard on the OP, he is just asking what is going on?

well he was answered in post 2, 3, 5 & 6 then he still proceeded to beat the horse...dead.

To the OP the Trails are a privilege not a right even if we pay a club membership fee. We can lose it all in a blink of an eye. Nobody tells you who you are allowed to enter your home\property? So the same applies here with Trail Z.