Rant - Momentum Online Shop

Wil6

Really disappointed in the Momentum Online Shop. 

Placed and paid for an order (Garmin GPS) yesterday at 15:00 with my credit card, only to receive no order number or any confirmation from their side. 

I phoned them this morning to find out what is going on, and can you believe that they claim that they never received any order from my side.... How on earth is it possible to take my money (from a valid order I placed on the online shop) and come with a reply like this?

I'm busy sorting it out with them, but now I must give them my bank statements and a lot of unnecessary paperwork that I don't have time for.

Momentum Online = Never again

Not lekker but it is very difficult, if not impossible to have 100% glitch free software.

I would rather rate them on their effectiveness in resolving the matter.

Not lekker but it is very difficult, if not impossible to have 100% glitch free software.

I would rather rate them on their effectiveness in resolving the matter.

I would suspect that if you are a company of their size, and have a functioning online shop, that your software should be 110% fail proof. 

Would you in the future trust them with a order of say R15 000, where you can just buy from Chris Willemse etc and know that if I place my order today, that my purchase will be delivered the next day?

is that the multiply?

When I bought a GPS unit from them I received all my confirmation emails and had my device on my doorstep 2 days later

is that the multiply?

When I bought a GPS unit from them I received all my confirmation emails and had my device on my doorstep 2 days later

Yip it's multiply. 

I was hoping to receive mine two days later, but now they have to investigate the problem, and it can take up to 48 hours. So much for my new toy to test over the weekend :thumbdown:

Really disappointed in the Momentum Online Shop.

Placed and paid for an order (Garmin GPS) yesterday at 15:00 with my credit card, only to receive no order number or any confirmation from their side.

I phoned them this morning to find out what is going on, and can you believe that they claim that they never received any order from my side.... How on earth is it possible to take my money (from a valid order I placed on the online shop) and come with a reply like this?

I'm busy sorting it out with them, but now I must give them my bank statements and a lot of unnecessary paperwork that I don't have time for.

Momentum Online = Never again

That's disappointing.. I ordered from them last week and received device the next day[emoji106] and I am not in a major centre.

just a glitch in their system I guess. Maybe the Russians hacked it...

Used them before for Garmin products and had no issues.

Edited by Veebee

Very quick service when I bought my Garmin from them cheap cheap, and with the HealthReturns you can earn increasing to R12 000 per member per year in 2017, I guess I am going to be doing a LOT more shopping at their online portal :)

Very quick service when I bought my Garmin from them cheap cheap, and with the HealthReturns you can earn increasing to R12 000 per member per year in 2017, I guess I am going to be doing a LOT more shopping at their online portal :)

That would be great if the online shop was working. Please go and place an order now and let me know how it works out for you. 

To top it of, the 48hours has increased to 7 working day. So I will only get a refund hopefully by the end of next week. 

I worked for a online store before.

And i fully understand your rant. I would also be very p'ed off if that happened to me. But try to understand that there could be 1000 of reasons that that could happen.

Sometimes your internet connection drops in the payment process and your order never gets to the guys handling the orders. Like i said there could be so many reasons why your order did not go through 

I worked for a online store before.

And i fully understand your rant. I would also be very p'ed off if that happened to me. But try to understand that there could be 1000 of reasons that that could happen.

Sometimes your internet connection drops in the payment process and your order never gets to the guys handling the orders. Like i said there could be so many reasons why your order did not go through 

Yep, but what could have resolved this problem is a simple: 

"Dear sir, we've received your new order and found the proof of payment from your references, your parcel has been dispatched and will be delivered tomorrow."

Yep, but what could have resolved this problem is a simple: 

"Dear sir, we've received your new order and found the proof of payment from your references, your parcel has been dispatched and will be delivered tomorrow."

True. but like rvdm1 said. Let see how they resolve it.

Just an update, placed an order from another online store yesterday (paid exactly the same amount even with the Momentum benefit discount), and my package was delivered this morning. And I still have not received a refund from Momentum.

Lesson learned, Momentum members discount is not always the cheapest and best.