Greyton Trails

GLuvsMtb

Greyton is one of our favorite weekend getaways. The mountain bike trails are not too shabby either. Some of the red route vistas. 3cf6ba177be0143f0a5361797993e060.jpgb6b06d59d7bcf3f353262ab047806d73.jpg

Edited by GLuvsMtb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greyton is one of our favorite weekend getaways. The mountain bike trails are not too shabby either. Some of the red route vistas. 3cf6ba177be0143f0a5361797993e060.jpgb6b06d59d7bcf3f353262ab047806d73.jpg

Love Greyton.My sister has a Self catering Guest House called 3 Willows which I can recommend.We did the hike to Mcgregor one Xmas.Stayed overnight at Eagles Nest and back the next day.Nice mountains but hot in Summer and cold in Winter

• 6 months later...

News just in is that the Greyton market was destroyed last night in service delivery protests. If anyone has more news on this please share. I am deeply saddened by this.

Oh no! Following this - Greyton is one of our favourite getaways, and we were just busy planning a weekend there end of April!

News just in is that the Greyton market was destroyed last night in service delivery protests. If anyone has more news on this please share. I am deeply saddened by this.

Yep its true. Totally burned down. Saw the photos on FB. They also said that they already clearing the area and will have a market this weekend. Kudos for the Greyton locals for not backing down.....

• 2 years later...

Just back from camping at Oewerzicht campsite for a weekend of MTB riding in Greyton. Owerzicht trail - a 20km loop - free to ride - beautiful views and fun but not very technical trails.

Greyton MTB club trails - 150 bucks for a 7 day permit, 50 bucks a day or 80 bucks for a weekend - Red route has one monster climb and some other smaller more rocky climbs - a lekker day on the bike. Bench 1 and bench 2 suitable for fitish beginners with really well designed switchback climbs - descents are OK too.

Well worth it and thanks for the trails.

Just back from camping at Oewerzicht campsite for a weekend of MTB riding in Greyton. Owerzicht trail - a 20km loop - free to ride - beautiful views and fun but not very technical trails.

Greyton MTB club trails - 150 bucks for a 7 day permit, 50 bucks a day or 80 bucks for a weekend - Red route has one monster climb and some other smaller more rocky climbs - a lekker day on the bike. Bench 1 and bench 2 suitable for fitish beginners with really well designed switchback climbs - descents are OK too.

Well worth it and thanks for the trails.

do you possibly have more info on this trail ?

Possible for an 8-year old ?

That would depend on the 8 year old - Benches 1 and 2 don't have anything too technical on them but might make an 8 year old complain a bit about the distance.

Edit - Just remembered that there was a youngster, maybe 11 riding with his father that we caught at the top of Benches 1 - he hammered down the descent fast enough not to hold us up at all ...

The green route would be very rideable by even an unfit beginner so an 8 year old who rides a bike should have no problems.

More detailed and accurate info at  http://ggmtb.com/mtb-routes

Looks to me that there is more planned for the area and I do believe I'll be back.

do you possibly have more info on this trail ?

Possible for an 8-year old ?

Edited by Mamil

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

The riding here in Greyton just gets better and better...and I believe there will be some awesome new routes opening up.

There is something for everybody...from easy twisty flat rides for kids and family, fast sweeping singletracks, gnarly climbs and descents...and long beautiful endless gravel rides..

To do them all one would need to spend at least 4-5 days here...unlike other MTB areas around CT where everything is over in 1-2 days

There is also an excellent bike friendly restaurant where they do minor bike surgeries, rent bikes and have some truly amazing food and coffees....probably the best restaurant in Greyton at the moment.

IMG_9465.jpg

91EE324D-D7B8-457D-B405-704565A1E2F4.jpg

IMG_9797.jpeg

27 minutes ago, guidodg said:

The riding here in Greyton just gets better and better...and I believe there will be some awesome new routes opening up.

There is something for everybody...from easy twisty flat rides for kids and family, fast sweeping singletracks, gnarly climbs and descents...and long beautiful endless gravel rides..

To do them all one would need to spend at least 4-5 days here...unlike other MTB areas around CT where everything is over in 1-2 days

There is also an excellent bike friendly restaurant where they do minor bike surgeries, rent bikes and have some truly amazing food and coffees....probably the best restaurant in Greyton at the moment.

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9797.jpeg

Stop teasing us .... ????

Please share details of this restaurant.

Where can we view these trails ?

1 hour ago, guidodg said:

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9797.jpeg

Agreed, its an incredible destination. Especially in spring when the flowers are out in the renosterveld! 

• 4 weeks later...