Gordon's Bay / Somerset West Rides

Basti

Hi All

Looking for a group to ride with during the week.

Don't mind whether its a whatsapp group or a cycle club.

Heard about the Wannabees club but it seemed to be focusing on MTB rides and I am a road cyclist.

Looking for average speeds of  +30 km/h as I am planning on a sub 3 in the Argus.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All

Looking for a group to ride with during the week.

Don't mind whether its a whatsapp group or a cycle club.

Heard about the Wannabees club but it seemed to be focusing on MTB rides and I am a road cyclist.

Looking for average speeds of  +30 km/h as I am planning on a sub 3 in the Argus.

Thanks in advance.

Wannabees has a big roady group. Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays, usually starts from the Lord Charles hotel. Most of them are focussed on training for the Double Century at the moment though.

Edited by Moridin

Wannabees has a big roady group. Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays, usually starts from the Lord Charles hotel. Most of them are focussed on training for the Double Century at the moment though.

Me too (but with a group from Cycle Lab Tokai).

There on weekends but need a group for weekdays as I stay in Gbay during the week.

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

If anybody in Sommies is keen for a ride Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 15/16/17 November, I will leaving Select Garage at 5am, 2hours easy pace.

im in summerset west from mid December till mid January... I usually do 80km per day Tuesday to Friday and then about 120km sat and sun( usually to franchoek up the pass and back) . hells hoogte etc..

I leave from waterstone mall opposite the lord.

cheers

Stellenbosch has specialized and BMT during week (before work)

any more info on this?  pace?  departure times?  days of the week?

any more info on this?  pace?  departure times?  days of the week?

Not 100% sure about BMT at moment, but you can contact them.. think was Tuesday/Wednesday Thursday .. one of the days used to be ladies ride.

Specialized at moment definitely every Tuesday at 6:30 am .. about 28 average, so not to fast/slow, but give them call to just confirm for other days..

Wimpie vd Merwe (the one and only) leaves from the weighbridge behind waterstone at 6am most mornings. They normally do 1.5-2hrs

Its worth joining their ride, just to hear his legendary cycling stories

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to join a couple of group rides in the Strand / Somerset West area over the next two weeks. Anyone have any details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabees wont allow you to cycle with them unless you are a member...

Well that's friendly.....

If I sit 5m off the back, is it still considered "with them"?

Well that's friendly.....

If I sit 5m off the back, is it still considered "with them"?

Well, I cycled with them many times. They never asked me for proof of membership on the road rides. Most of them don't really care, as long as you behave.

Well, I cycled with them many times. They never asked me for proof of membership on the road rides. Most of them don't really care, as long as you behave.

I've also ridden with them, friendly bunch. I was just pulling a leg cause that was a silly thing to say ;)

• 3 weeks later...