27.5 for tallish riders

Jimmy 2.0

Hi hubbers

I know what I'm about to ask is probably thee most debated thing in mountain biking history and that there won't be a real conclusion to this. I'm about 1.8 meters tall and race in the u23 category. I was wondering if a 27.5 dual xco/marathon bike would be a good choice for me. I currently ride a carbon 29er hardtail and my friend and I are equally skilled and stick we each other on the single track. Every now and then I take my old aluminum 26er out and I leave my friend eating my dust on the same trails.

I take my training very seriously(I have a coach) and I'm also a skilled rider. I race both xco and marathon but I can only afford one high end bike. My local marathon races does have a lot of single track involved and well national xco is 90% single track.

Are there any tall guys riding 27.5s out there for marathon/stage racing

Wheel size has nothing to do with your height.

If you'll be faster on the 27.5 then get it!  My buddy got a 27.5 and is no slower at all than me on my 29er, and we're both at 180cm.

Maths does say 29er is faster so if you are after those marginal gains and you take racing serious... I would say 29er, especially for stage racing. That being said I am your height and I have 650b.

Ride what the hell ever you feel like ,skill and fitness trump wheels size 24/7

^^^^^I'm quoting a hubber here - sorry don't know your name.

ALSO If you don't have serious goals to be on the podium and intend to keep them just buy the bike that is going to give you the most enjoyment ;)

I recently switched from 29er to 27,5. I'm 1,86m tall. I enjoy it tremendously, but it is probably because I like to "throw" my bike around on single track.

Ride both, test it thoroughly. Ride what is comfortable for you.