Don't try and order SRAM from overseas anymore...

Headshot

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, we in for a tough financial year.

So many market sectors have a similar practice of over inflating the prices.

Hopefully at the end of this we will see some sort of drop in price.

I can say that the new stock we receiving is about 10 to 15% less than before. I hope there is a ripple effect in all other industries

I can say that the new stock we receiving is about 10 to 15% less than before. I hope there is a ripple effect in all other industries

Coffee ... another keyboard ....  :whistling:  :cursing:

Coffee ... another keyboard ....  :whistling:  :cursing:

Yeah, I had to put hopefully, because whenever we see price decrease in stock or even transport, then our prices come down. However that does not relate to all other industries or our competition. 

I dont understand it.

I will always try and give some relief on pricing so that customers can benefit

Yeah, I had to put hopefully, because whenever we see price decrease in stock or even transport, then our prices come down. However that does not relate to all other industries or our competition.

I dont understand it.

I will always try and give some relief on pricing so that customers can benefit

Surely you would logically sell at what you expect to pay to replace the stock plus a markup. So it all depends on whether retailers/importers believe that the price is likely to go back up before they replace the stock?

Price rise is generally a rachet without a release spring I'm afraid :-(

Fuel seems to be the exception to the rule :-)

Surely you would logically sell at what you expect to pay to replace the stock plus a markup. So it all depends on whether retailers/importers believe that the price is likely to go back up before they replace the stock?

by the time you have to replace the stock you would need to increase the price again anyway. So basically its kind of unfair to keep the price the same should costs come down. But hey thats just how we operate.

So I've got a problem. My package is at customs with " Clearance delay" When she called yesturday she wanted to know what a cassette is, as there is 2 in the package.... The one cassette is a SRAM cassette :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I really hope its not for the cassette, I went through the normal order/payment setup at Evans cycles

WTF!

So I've got a problem. My package is at customs with " Clearance delay" When she called yesturday she wanted to know what a cassette is, as there is 2 in the package.... The one cassette is a SRAM cassette :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I really hope its not for the cassette, I went through the normal order/payment setup at Evans cycles

WTF!

maybe she thinks the cassette is for your tape deck walkman, and maybe music has a higher tax bracket. ......

*Hijack

I have some road components if anyone is looking

- Red front d/r braze on

- Force front d/r clamp on 

- Red rear d/r 

- Red L/H shifter 

Inbox me as I won't be following this thread.

"We do care about where our products are positioned in the marketplace; that's an important part of who we are," West told BRAIN in a recent interview. "The IBD channel should earn a reasonable margin because there is certainly a value added there."

Let's see how this works out for them, since their competition is not playing by their rules.

Well, it does not really seem that they care...

Since when do you charge more than 20k for a set of gears? Hell, there are some people that think 20k for an entire bike is a bit much.

Edited by Moridin