The "What's it Worth" Thread

Kalahari Vegmot

A lot of times you may have something that you might want to sell, but don't know what it's worth; so I thought that I would start this thread so that if ther's  something that you want to sell that you don't know the value of(at least on the hub), someone might be able to help with a fair price to advertise it for.

I'll start off everything by asking what this Selle Italia Trans Am is worth in the following condition:

post-86802-0-39898500-1475313435_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-11359400-1475313466_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-38176000-1475313480_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-48059800-1475313499_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-74347500-1475313586_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are worth what people are willing to pay.

Of course, one dare not point out fair value in the classifieds so perhaps this thread Will fill that void.

I always think people completely over value 2nd hand saddles.

I mean, you have rubbed your butt/gooch/ball sweat all over it, farted on it etc....

If it isn't new and is a saddle you should just give it away or sell it for cheap. I just flat out refuse to pay lots of ZARS for something with such a sordid history.

With the high cost of new saddles, and the fact that you really have to try the thing out before you know if it works for you or not, I am prepared to pay for a 'tried-out, didn't-work' second-hand saddle that's still in good condition, as it should only take a ride or two to figure out if it suits your rear-end. Old saddles... not keen.

Isn't there a donate unwanted kit thread somewhere?. The OP obviously don't want to chuck it away, because it is still functional. I just don't think there is a market for a well worn saddle.

See, to me it's useless, so I'll probably give it away, but sometimes with "vintage" things you never know... This is probably one of those saddles that's old and worthless, but because I don't know, I'll rather ask and then maybe it's worth someting. You never know...

For what it is worth, I sold an exact same saddle in pristine condition (like out of the box) and I was happy to accept R400 for it.  I think I was lucky though

I've sold carbon saddles that were in fair not great condition ( actually just scratche on the rails ) for R50 , guess I just wanted to feel like I did not give it away.

R200-R250 for the saddle. Certainly not less than that. Major devaluation if the sides have been scuffed. Hate it when people lean bikes against the wall on their saddles.

Edited by Loose cog

Ok, I'll have a go, I have this (I think) 70's Carlton 54cm track frame, Reynolds 531, top tube had a small dent in it and was filled, hence the grey primer, may want to sell it, what's it worth...?

ff481905d6d9d6a4eabe3b9a1393facf.jpg

3cf2ace601a4aa8f0869c3accbbcfe82.jpg

511617463555757ab8932bcfe00df137.jpg

OP, i bought a brand new trans am for R150 from my lbs. It was blue, that might be why the price eas so low. It was old stock.