Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

So we have not even found out if the rim is a replaced one.

Someone just keeps saying, "you know what you did"

Also we don't even know if it's a stress fracture.

Dude just wants the cash. Post the rest of the build to prove me wrong :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time this tread pops up I'm 2 pages behind and there's more questions than answers

When I left my computer today it was on Page 2, when I came back not much later it was on 17 Pages 

Btw, I have an ad in classifieds looking for a wheelset. So if somebody's got a decent 29er wheelset for sale give me a shout. No stress marks or dodgy deals please.

Edited by Boerklong

Just for curiosity sake . How about some history on these wheels ... was the op the first owner ? Or were they purchased 2nd hand and then sold on ? Is it possible that somewhere along the line the rim was changed without the op's knowledge?

Just for curiosity sake . How about some history on these wheels ... was the op the first owner ? Or were they purchased 2nd hand and then sold on ? Is it possible that somewhere along the line the rim was changed without the op's knowledge?

If you read the whole thread the OP is dead set in the fact that he sold a wheelset in good shape and as advertise.

Okes . I have a learning disability. This fred grew since this morning. If I read all the posts, my head may explode and my wife may insitute a claim against Bike Hub.

Anybody willing to briefly explain where we are standing?

Edited by Vetseun

Evening all

These wheels would have been fitted to which frame?

Net nuuskierig, like seeing other peoples builds.

Okes . I have a learning disability. This fred grew since this morning. If I read all the posts, my head may explode and my wife may insitute a claim against Bike Hub.

Anybody willing to briefly explain where we are standing?

A guy bought a wheelset from a fellow hubber. Bought it after work while it was getting dark. 6 months after the sale the buyer sees a "stress mark" on the rim and that it is not the same rim as advertised but an inferior one with the rim tape of the original ad carried over on to the inferior rim.

Long story short, buyer bought a used wheelset and after 6 months he wants a refund as he is not happy with it and it was not as advertised.

A guy bought a wheelset from a fellow hubber. Bought it after work while it was getting dark. 6 months after the sale the buyer sees a "stress mark" on the rim and that it is not the same rim as advertised but an inferior one with the rim tape of the original ad carried over on to the inferior rim.

Long story short, buyer bought a used wheelset and after 6 months he wants a refund as he is not happy with it and it was not as advertised.

Dankie Baie

From what I can see the pic in the original add come from a European 2nd hand site (much like gumtree) .. so was not of the actual wheels for sale.. Tutti.ch is stamped on the pic by that site ?????

Thats what I'm wondering, if the buyer is comparing the wheels to the pic in the ad (not actual pic of wheels) or if he maybe received a different pic from the seller of the actual wheels.

He inspected the wheels in person before he handed over the cash, so in my mind the photo on the ad does not make a difference.

As stated previously he shouldn't have waited 6 months to ask for a refund as he cannot prove that the wheels weren't used in that time.

Buyer - Sell them if you are not happy with them. I don't think you have a foot to stand on here after 6 months.