Port Elizabeth Group ride - beginner

Rouxle

Hi Guys!

I entered the 5150 NMB triathlon and recently bought a road bike.  I want to ride on weekends (I live in PE but work in Uitenhage so training in the morning is a bit tough).

Any beginners/average fitness cyclists out there wanting to join me?  I'll probably park at Grass Roof and go from there.  I am 23 and a female.

Rouxle

Hi, and welcome to PE.

There are various groups that go out on weekends. I think their is actually a Grass Roof group as well. There is the Marine group on Saturdays (6am) and the Makro group on Sundays (7am), plus some guys do the "pre-bunch" ride at 6am and end up at Makro and do that group as well.

What area are you staying in?

Hi, and welcome to PE.

There are various groups that go out on weekends. I think their is actually a Grass Roof group as well. There is the Marine group on Saturdays (6am) and the Makro group on Sundays (7am), plus some guys do the "pre-bunch" ride at 6am and end up at Makro and do that group as well.

What area are you staying in?

I don't think I'll be able to keep up with them so looking for another beginner or three. I'm in Sherwood so relatively easy to get to Grass Roof/seaview.  Anyway, I'll keep training and then join them in the future.  Thanks

Hi Rouxle,

I also only started cycling recently, with a triathlon basis in mind. I'm not quite up to joining the more serious training groups yet either, but often ride from Grass Roof on my own. 

I'm keen to join you if you like? :)

Join the Hardcore T.I.T.S. Cycling Group on Facebook. They mainly ride MTB but also do slow skinny wheels group rides on Sundays, leaving from Grassroof.

Hi Rouxle,

I also only started cycling recently, with a triathlon basis in mind. I'm not quite up to joining the more serious training groups yet either, but often ride from Grass Roof on my own. 

I'm keen to join you if you like? :)

I hate it hearing of ladies riding alone... some unsavory people out there, motorists and otherwise.

Also willing to join on most Saturday mornings.

I hate it hearing of ladies riding alone... some unsavory people out there, motorists and otherwise.

Also willing to join on most Saturday mornings.

It's definitely less than ideal and I'm not overly comfortable with it myself. But I've been battling to find people to rode with that are at the same level as I am while I build up to a point where I can ride with a club. I take all the precautions I can though and BF always knows where I am, what route I'm riding, when I start and when I should be finished. But I'll be grateful for some riding buddies!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

It's definitely less than ideal and I'm not overly comfortable with it myself. But I've been battling to find people to rode with that are at the same level as I am while I build up to a point where I can ride with a club. I take all the precautions I can though and BF always knows where I am, what route I'm riding, when I start and when I should be finished. But I'll be grateful for some riding buddies!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Hi, you guys still riding weekends?

Thanks