So I bought this bike...Unhappiest day of my life.

DoubleJ

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that conveying a bad experience as a reminder of what you consider 'nothing new' constitutes no help at all. Satisfying morbid curiosity is not the intent here.Does it make the whole saga less 'exciting', perhaps, according to bikehub expectations that is. But to say it doesn't help is bit farcical tbh.

But naming and very likely shaming the other party without giving them a chance to speak for themselves is the basis for mob mentality.

Ok

R65k region easy

Wtf?

I do not see this bike selling for anything even close to that new.

Too many obvious issues for the seller to have had no inkling whatsoever of the issues.

Scaly seller, I'm sure many have experienced that to some degree, get the item and immediately it's omg wtf, naught man!!

Name the shop or at least invite them to the thread to have their say, save us the pain you have experienced, do it for the team.

Just remember, if the seller was genuinely decent you wouldn't be posting a thread like this...

Edited by Skylark

internal lever kits and fresh bleed will sort the brake.

That front hub looks super dodge with whatever they did there.

Not sure why that headset is in a bike of that caliber...

seems like we need a gofundme excercise to fix your bike! ;-)

Can anyone please tell me if I should be worried about this? Just below the seatpost on the carbon top tube.

post-67031-0-39611100-1475814443_thumb.jpg

Can't seem to find anything on the net on how to tell is carbon is cracked, maybe someone here can tell me? Thanks.

Can't seem to find anything on the net on how to tell is carbon is cracked, maybe someone here can tell me? Thanks.

That looks like a paint crack to me. The only way to make sure is to x-ray the frame. I would still keep an eye on that though...

Edited by Rudi Pollard

Can anyone please tell me if I should be worried about this? Just below the seatpost on the carbon top tube.

a crack in the paint usually means a crack in the frame, especially in a crucial structural point in the frame. I read in some threads that you can do a tap test. Use a coin or something similar to tap over the length of the tube. if the sound is different by the crack, you know you have issues.

Contact BogusOne for better advise. He knows his carbon. All the best with sorting your ride mate. Read most of the forum and believe it might help the community to name the shop. 

Recently bought a fork from a bikeshop as well and even with them refunding me for a new seal set, and another hubber supplying me with a new upper crown assembly, I am still sitting with an expensive paperweight. They made their money, I made a loss.

All the best mate

That looks like a paint crack to me. The only way to make sure is to x-ray the frame. I would still keep an eye on that though...

Thanks Rudi...appreciate it, I'll check with my medical aid if they'll cover it ;)

a crack in the paint usually means a crack in the frame, especially in a crucial structural point in the frame. I read in some threads that you can do a tap test. Use a coin or something similar to tap over the length of the tube. if the sound is different by the crack, you know you have issues.

Contact BogusOne for better advise. He knows his carbon. All the best with sorting your ride mate. Read most of the forum and believe it might help the community to name the shop. 

Recently bought a fork from a bikeshop as well and even with them refunding me for a new seal set, and another hubber supplying me with a new upper crown assembly, I am still sitting with an expensive paperweight. They made their money, I made a loss.

All the best mate

Thanks chom, I'm really starting to get gatvol of this whole story... Starting to consider naming. I'll try the coin trick. If it sounds different I'm shaming ;)

Seriously reading your comment that they built the bike out of parts I would just ask them to take it back. If this was not a standard trade in and they actually built it up it means they were aware of the problems and decided to offload it to you.

You can safely assume that the fork needs a full service as well and the bottom bracket is probably fried etc.

This is going to get very expensive.

Now you are annoying me.

Did you not tell me you believed in 2nd chances?

If you gonna be dumb, you better be rich.

this exercise is going to be a very expensive one for you!

that is definitely a crack in the frame. (a crack in the paint is generally a straight line. I SAID GENERALLY)

You should really listen to the advice here and send this bike back.

Jy het 'n gat in die sak gekoop!

Don't like it so much that you sit with trouble. You will not get away cheap here

Those brakes aren't shot, they are just SRAM. IMO they actually look like they working very well for SRAM brakes.