nomoregravity

So Stellenbosch has a Bike2Work/Bike2School week from 10-15 October (https://www.facebook.com/stellenboschfietsry/).

Is there anything similar being done in Cape Town? PPA?

From the Northern suburbs a couple of us will be riding to town together if anyone wants to join. 

If anyone got connections, why not try to get an hour with Brett Herron sometime in the week? See the council is abiout to release some draft transport plan to get 8% of Capetonians on their bikes by 2032! 

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/industry-news/on-your-bike-cape-town-tells-commuters-2076803 

Have been commuting from Milnerton to Newlands every weekday for the last year. Not sure if it's because it's not quite summer yet or because I'm more often than not running late, but if I see one person per week commuting in same direction as me (between woodstock and southern suburbs) it's a lot. And there's not even that many people commuting in the other direction (towards town). I always wonder what's stopping people from commuting by bike.

Have been commuting from Milnerton to Newlands every weekday for the last year. Not sure if it's because it's not quite summer yet or because I'm more often than not running late, but if I see one person per week commuting in same direction as me (between woodstock and southern suburbs) it's a lot. And there's not even that many people commuting in the other direction (towards town). I always wonder what's stopping people from commuting by bike.

Honestly, I just dont prepare well enough and now I have lost the key to the showers at work :/

We're very lucky to have had a revamp of cycling facilities at work (well-known retailer with H/O behind City Hall :-) ) about a year ago, and that in itself has more than doubled the number of commuters. 

So that helps, and the cycle path from the North.

As for the South, I tried to get to Kenilworth yesterday from town, and regular commuters from that side deserve RESPECT :thumbup:  :thumbup:  Poorly marked lanes, busy intersections, drifting pedestrians, parked car, etc make it a lottery... 

I just started a new job at the V&A waterfront and started commuting from Monte Vista and using the cycle lanes to town.

What time more or less will you guys be commuting then perhaps I can join your train and hopefully make it bigger with a few of my buddies joining in.

Anyone commuting from Sea Point to Montagu Gardens for Bike2Work week...?  I'm looking for a body guard or two?

I'm keen to go on Wednesday... (as tomorrow's raining  :blush: )

Keen to hear if there's anyone?

Thanks a million!

There is actually more than a dozen of us that commute from S/suburbs into town daily. The reason you don't see us is because we either go via Table Mountain Rhodes Memorial-Tafelberg into town or we go Claremont-Constantia Nek-Suikers into Town. The straight in ride via Lower Main Rd is used when my legs is pap.

Ps. but you are correct, that are not as many commuters as we would like to see.

Edited by Oufy MTB (Roadie)

I just started a new job at the V&A waterfront and started commuting from Monte Vista and using the cycle lanes to town.

What time more or less will you guys be commuting then perhaps I can join your train and hopefully make it bigger with a few of my buddies joining in.

07:00 Milnerton by entrance of Woodbridge Island on Cycle Path. The train will be coming from Table View! Send Hairy a PM for more details!