Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Just a reminder for those planning to do the Health Assessment soon, try going in a fasted state, it will assist your cholesterol reading favorably, if not possible then at least 3 hours after your last meal or drink. This was literally the difference for me between Amber & Green Healthy Heart Score.

For the Fitness Assessment make sure you're "step up fit". Although I passed the test, Level 5, My muscles were sore for days afterwards as I've not really done step up exercises for a while and my step was set high because of my height, duration was 7,5 minutes (which varies for every individual based on height & weight I think). The same with the pushups, you want to be able to do at least >40 within 60seconds to get a good score. Again sore for days afterwards as I've not done any pushups since the 1st week of lock down when everyone went crazy with the home workouts. Novelty quickly wore off once lockdown was extended. The alternative to pushups is the hand grip strength test. Here you want to score 55kg in each hand to give you a total of 110kg or 60/50 whichever hand is the strongest. I would imagine the best way to prep for this test is to get those spring hand grips / crunch.

I didn't have to do push-ups. My step was set at 34cm and had to do 7m35s. I scored 107 on the hand grip( I recently had a left elbow injury and could see the drop in strength on the left side, in fact my elbow hurt when I did the test) so just missed the max but my max HR on the steps was only 112 and after the min rest was down to 47 so that combined with being tall and skinnier than average got me level 5 luckily. The guy said usually you must get +110 for hand grip to get level 5 but my step test being very good got me through. I wasn't sore afterwards but my wife is still complaining her thighs are sore.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I should've mentioned that the Push-ups is an alternative to the handgrip test. So they'll basically first do the handgrip test and if you didnt score well or have an injury in the hands then the push up is the next option.

So anyone(Gen you would probably be able to help) know with the new rules for 2021 how this will affect me?

My wife scored a level 4 for her fitness test, green healthy heart. I am the main member(level 5 with green healthy heart). We on private club and have all our eggs in the momentum basket(medical, life, car, etc, the whole lot). Will we still get the max discount? Will it only affect the amount we get paid back monthly into the medical aid?

Does anyone know what is the cut off date to collect points? I hope it is 31st December as I still need 8 to go to remain on Private Club. Last week I realized that after my last iOS update the live tracking got switched off and therefore stop registering my Safe Dayz. Also this year I did not file tax return via Tax Tim so lost out on that 40 points. I could do the Tiger Wheel Safety check for the 40 points but that is another cost which is probably not needed if I can make up the 8 required points via an Active & Safe Dayz.

Does anyone know what is the cut off date to collect points? I hope it is 31st December as I still need 8 to go to remain on Private Club. Last week I realized that after my last iOS update the live tracking got switched off and therefore stop registering my Safe Dayz. Also this year I did not file tax return via Tax Tim so lost out on that 40 points. I could do the Tiger Wheel Safety check for the 40 points but that is another cost which is probably not needed if I can make up the 8 required points via an Active & Safe Dayz.

Yip you have until 31 Dec 

So anyone(Gen you would probably be able to help) know with the new rules for 2021 how this will affect me?

My wife scored a level 4 for her fitness test, green healthy heart. I am the main member(level 5 with green healthy heart). We on private club and have all our eggs in the momentum basket(medical, life, car, etc, the whole lot). Will we still get the max discount? Will it only affect the amount we get paid back monthly into the medical aid?

I will be honest i am not sure how it will effect the your medical savings and Short term insurance as I don't work with it. But it will most likely be in line with the Myriad discount calculations. As you are on PVT L5 fitness you will still receive max discounts and savings, you wife will no longer receive max discount and savings

You should've received this email at a stage.

Important changes to the 2021 discount calculations

From 2021 you will only qualify for a physical activity1 level 5 discount if you have

completed a valid Multiply fitness assessment in the twelve months leading up to

31 December 2020 and achieved a level 5 fitness assessment result. The physical

activity level 5 discount will now be known as your MaxFit discount. Your Multiply

fitness assessment level is valid for 12 months.

2021 Myriad | Multiply discount grid

* Two years membership is required for Private Club Status

Average Active Dayz[emoji769] will only count towards achieving a maximum physical activity

level 4 discount and will no longer be used as a qualifying measure for the MaxFit discount. If you currently benefit from the highest discount level (MaxFit discount) based only on an average of 16 or more Active Dayz[emoji769] per month, then we urge you to validate your discounts with a Multiply fitness assessment before the end of 2020.

Very important: The actual calculation of your new guaranteed discounts for 2021 will only take place

mid-January 2021. Please ensure that your Multiply Healthy Heart Score, Active Dayz[emoji769] and/or fitness assessment results are

submitted and received before then.

Enhanced Transition Guarantee

If you have lower activity levels, experienced a deteriorating Healthy Heart Score or

fitness assessment level or did not maintain or improve your Multiply status, Myriad’s

Enhanced Transition Guarantee will provide peace of mind. This limits any reduction

in your Myriad premium discount to 10 percentage points per calendar year. This means that any potentially negative impact on your Myriad premiums is guaranteed to be limited.

How_discounts_are_calculated_09_2020.pdf

Edited by Gen

Pity I can't give you some of my points, I have over 1800. It would also be nice if I could carry over points. Years ago we used to carry over a percentage of points but that is no longer.

Have you done the online questionnaires?

Does your phone just not give you a safe day at all or is it recording a non travelling safe day? My new phone for some reason doesn't record half my journeys and I then get a non travelling safe day but it only allocates those a week later.

Pity I can't give you some of my points, I have over 1800. It would also be nice if I could carry over points. Years ago we used to carry over a percentage of points but that is no longer.

Have you done the online questionnaires?

Does your phone just not give you a safe day at all or is it recording a non travelling safe day? My new phone for some reason doesn't record half my journeys and I then get a non travelling safe day but it only allocates those a week later.

Thanks but I think I'll make it. 6 more points to get to 750. Active & Safe Dayz will see me through & yeah there is no point in having more than what is required because it just falls away with the new year. Yes, all online questionnaires done. 

It does give me a Safe Day now but you must enable "live location" so the app can track you 24/7. As mentioned earlier it either got disabled with the last iOs update or I must've inadvertently disabled it.

There are some criteria that must be met for it to be deemed a "journey". They do mention that your non-travelling day will only be allocated after 7 days so I'm not too stress about that.

So yesterday I went to the gym for a swim & I lost out on a potential Active Dayz Point because I only burned 205 calories instead of the required 300 to get an Active Dayz. That is so stoopid, as the swipe alone would've gotten me a point regardless of what I do at the gym. Lesson learned here is don't upload Activity until the Gym Swipe has been allocated if calories burned is less than 300.

post-3951-0-46411600-1607683706_thumb.jpg

So yesterday I went to the gym for a swim & I lost out on a potential Active Dayz Point because I only burned 205 calories instead of the required 300 to get an Active Dayz. That is so stoopid, as the swipe alone would've gotten me a point regardless of what I do at the gym. Lesson learned here is don't upload Activity until the Gym Swipe has been allocated if calories burned is less than 300.

attachicon.gifActiveDayZ.JPG

I reckon as soon as the gym visit syncs it will supersede the calories. Often when I commute straight to work I get less than 300 calories and it syncs before I get my steps or a longer ride in the afternoon and it always takes my highest activity or steps.

I reckon as soon as the gym visit syncs it will supersede the calories. Often when I commute straight to work I get less than 300 calories and it syncs before I get my steps or a longer ride in the afternoon and it always takes my highest activity or steps.

Lets hope so, not a big deal really just an observation for others to learn off, especially with the rules changing every year making it harder & harder to achieve or maintain Private Club Status.

Lets hope so, not a big deal really just an observation for others to learn off, especially with the rules changing every year making it harder & harder to achieve or maintain Private Club Status.

Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.

Nothing changed i.e. Calories was not overwritten by the Gym Access to claim the Active Dayz Point. Nonetheless no big deal as I've made my 750 to retain Private Club Status for another year.

A quick calculation on my current Myriad discount of 60% being on Level 5, Private Club, etc.

vs 

40% in 2021 if I don't do the health assessment.

It will be about R120pm increase on my monthly premium (R1440 total for the year).

Now divide that up by 2x fitness assessment at R400 each, then I'd only be saving around R600 for the year.

Juice does not seem worth the squeeze

A quick calculation on my current Myriad discount of 60% being on Level 5, Private Club, etc.

vs 

It will be about R120pm increase on my monthly premium (R1440 total for the year).

Now divide that up by 2x fitness assessment at R400 each, then I'd only be saving around R600 for the year.

You guys need to talk to your financial advisors. I never paid for my fitness test. My health assessment would also have been for free but I do a free one with the Momentum reps at work in March every year as part of some health thing they host every year. I ended up doing it anyway so they both expire same time so I have 2 health assessments for 2020.

vs

If you don't get a L5 fitness assessment.

It won't drop to 40 % but to 50% in 2021

How_discounts_are_calculated_09_2020.pdf