Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

I spent some time reading this thread, not everything, but most of the last few months’ worth of conversation. This sounds much like the Discovery thread:

lots of complaints that the systems doesn’t work for them;

The ones a full basket are getting better returns that those not;

The rewards are not so great anymore.

Quite funny, made my day.

Exactly the same as :

- Vitality ....

- eBucks ....

- ABSA rewards ....

Typically you get "just enough" on the basic package to peak your interest .... jump through a few hoops to get more rewards ....  AND THEN ..... you have to buy into their full set of packages and partners to get maximum out of it ....

Frankly, it was always a bastard-child between "rewarding" good behaviour and drawing in business for their larger business model ..... so one really cant expect much else.

The common frustration .... every so often the milestones are moved ..... and yet again, fully understandable .... as their business model expands, the top rewards are with the new products ....

With Vitality and Momentum it is the serious athletes that score big time, they manage to get the max rewards by doing what they would have done in any case.

Mere mortals have to work hard at it .... and when one member of the family is not a fitness nut, well then it wont ever work ....  At least these families have ebucks and similar options ....

No use moaning about the "system" and the "moving goals" .... find the reward program that works for YOUR FAMILY ...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the same as :

- Vitality ....

- eBucks ....

- ABSA rewards ....

Typically you get "just enough" on the basic package to peak your interest .... jump through a few hoops to get more rewards ....  AND THEN ..... you have to buy into their full set of packages and partners to get maximum out of it ....

Frankly, it was always a bastard-child between "rewarding" good behaviour and drawing in business for their larger business model ..... so one really cant expect much else.

The common frustration .... every so often the milestones are moved ..... and yet again, fully understandable .... as their business model expands, the top rewards are with the new products ....

With Vitality and Momentum it is the serious athletes that score big time, they manage to get the max rewards by doing what they would have done in any case.

Mere mortals have to work hard at it .... and when one member of the family is not a fitness nut, well then it wont ever work ....  At least these families have ebucks and similar options ....

No use moaning about the "system" and the "moving goals" .... find the reward program that works for YOUR FAMILY ...

you know what irritates me the most with all these rewards programs ? Its trying to get information on how they work before you join.

Not one of them that I've looked at has a straight forward website that shows this to you. They're all fragmented under different categories and menus, its like it was put together by actuaries or some other such number crunching bunch.

Quick question on the Makro vouchers:

How do they actually work?

You receive a voucher code, do you activate it to your Makro M-Card App or do you simply show this to the person at the checkout counter to redeem?

Or can you only use it for online purchases?

I spent some time reading this thread, not everything, but most of the last few months’ worth of conversation. This sounds much like the Discovery thread:

lots of complaints that the systems doesn’t work for them;

The ones a full basket are getting better returns that those not;

The rewards are not so great anymore.

Quite funny, made my day.

Yeah its not funny when clients phone you and scream at you because things have changed again and they are making it harder and Multiply is consuming their lives..[emoji31]

Aaaah the days when you didn't even need active dayz or a green healthy score.... I miss those days.

Edited by Gen

You receive a voucher code, do you activate it to your Makro M-Card App or do you simply show this to the person at the checkout counter to redeem?

Used one on the weekend, received a SMS with code, read it to the check out person and transaction was done. Not sure about the app and what they do if you don't use the full value though.

Used one on the weekend, received a SMS with code, read it to the check out person and transaction was done. Not sure about the app and what they do if you don't use the full value though.

Maxed mine out last year and have already close to decimated the first 10k voucher bought 1st week of January. You get a SMS and an email with the code. I find it easier to print the voucher instead of handing my phone over for the teller to read the code from my phone. If you don't use the whole voucher then lets say you had a 1k voucher and you use 500, they add the remaining value onto a gift card. 

So it seems different tellers do things slightly differently because I buy a 10k voucher every few months and some don't mind loading it onto my current gift card that already had some money on and some say no they must give you a new card. I ended up with 4 cards last year.

Exactly the same as :

- Vitality ....

- eBucks ....

- ABSA rewards ....

Ya ChrisF I agree .

BUT , I have bought in to the Multiply story , and like LWB take full advantage of the discounts and benefits .

I currently get 60% discount on life premiums , R 1300.00 per month paid into my Medical savings account as well as all the discounts via Garmin , Cycle Lab , Mango etc .

I also try jump through all the hoops as early as possible , and this year only need to go to TWT still . If you commit ,and work the system , it benefits big time .

My 2c worth . 

There is no argument if it is worth it, we get a lot of benefits and discounts and cashbacks etc (Less then previously, but still a lot)

The pain is the changes every single year, then you have to study the things, let it consume your life for a few months, just to repeat the whole process the next January.   And throw into that safe day apps that does not work and non travelling days that does not register every January.. 

But still VERY much worth it! 

Edited by Jackes

Ya ChrisF I agree .

BUT , I have bought in to the Multiply story , and like LWB take full advantage of the discounts and benefits .

I currently get 60% discount on life premiums , R 1300.00 per month paid into my Medical savings account as well as all the discounts via Garmin , Cycle Lab , Mango etc .

I also try jump through all the hoops as early as possible , and this year only need to go to TWT still . If you commit ,and work the system , it benefits big time .

My 2c worth . 

JIP, and that is KEY ....you need to find the one that works for YOUR FAMILY, and the WORK the system.  :thumbup:   When the planets align, and the system works for you, some very nice rewards to be had.

Vitality .... my wife is never going to jump through those hoops ....  :whistling:

ABSA .... we dont shop with their shops (at least we did not before lock down), not enough Sasol stations around here .... frankly the rewards would not even cover my monthly fee for the program.

FNB ebucks - so happens that we did use their shops, we already used Engen ... so we automatically onto their mid level rewards without batting an eye.  BUT, to get serious rewards we have to move insurance, savings, etc ....  Not going this route, but also not complaining.  For now this system works best for us.  

PS - we were already settled into our life style, insurance, life cover etc were chosen long before these reward programs became a thing .... Interesting times for young people, that get to choose "business partners" and rewards programs as they start their career path.

Maxed mine out last year and have already close to decimated the first 10k voucher bought 1st week of January. You get a SMS and an email with the code. I find it easier to print the voucher instead of handing my phone over for the teller to read the code from my phone. If you don't use the whole voucher then lets say you had a 1k voucher and you use 500, they add the remaining value onto a gift card. 

So it seems different tellers do things slightly differently because I buy a 10k voucher every few months and some don't mind loading it onto my current gift card that already had some money on and some say no they must give you a new card. I ended up with 4 cards last year.

Are Makro vouchers or gift cards usable at other stores within the group, like Builders Warehouse for instance?

No Makro stores near me, but if I can load 10k onto a card that works elsewhere then I could go out of my way...

BTW, are Woolworths now a cashback partner or not?   In November it was a 12% cashback partner on the Multiply brochure for 2021 but the ladies at Woolworths don't know about it.

Edit: I see you have to buy vouchers

Edited by Jackes

Are Makro vouchers or gift cards usable at other stores within the group, like Builders Warehouse for instance?

No Makro stores near me, but if I can load 10k onto a card that works elsewhere then I could go out of my way...

That I am not sure about, I have not tried that but if you find out, let me know.

BTW, are Woolworths now a cashback partner or not?   In November it was a 12% cashback partner on the Multiply brochure for 2021 but the ladies at Woolworths don't know about it.

Edit: I see you have to buy vouchers

Jackes ,

You buy a Woolies voucher at full price , and the 12% (max) goes back into your Multiply rewards account . 

So after only getting level 4 in December, My wife knuckled under and upped her exercise over December and January. She went this morning and got level 5. She only lost 800gr but her overall fitness and strength was a lot better. Phew I am glad because I already had to pay a bit more premium on her stuff last month.

Anyone able to answer this - money put in your money wallet by "spending" is this regarded as a cash deposit or do you need to deposit R500 into your money wallet each month to get point? Currently I have well over R5k in this wallet accumulated by "spending" but don't seem to be getting points.

How do you withdraw money from this money wallet and can it be transferred to say Standard Bank? If this is possible - are you not just depositing the R500 per month to withdraw it again - that seems rather pointless?  I get a way higher rate of interest at SB compared to the money wallet no point in using this wallet as a savings devise.

Edited by Icycling

Anyone able to answer this - money put in your money wallet by "spending" is this regarded as a cash deposit or do you need to deposit R500 into your money wallet each month to get point? Currently I have well over R5k in this wallet accumulated by "spending" but don't seem to be getting points.

How do you withdraw money from this money wallet and can it be transferred to say Standard Bank? If this is possible - are you not just depositing the R500 per month to withdraw it again - that seems rather pointless?  I get a way higher rate of interest at SB compared to the money wallet no point in using this wallet as a savings devise.

I reckon you going to have to spend THOUSANDS to get R500 put in via spending.

I also have enough in there for points but I am not putting R500 in and not getting points. I am not sure why they want us to deposit R500 in there, It does seem very pointless if we just going to use it again. Not sure how they or we are benefitting from this change.