Win 1 of 2 Absa Cape Epic team entries with USN

News bot

I looked on Strava flybys after my ride this morning to see who I went past - a group of them had done just over 100km this morning, but they started at 03h30!  So it's not about having a different job, it's about commitment!  

Respect, I am not gifted that way - if I  get up to ride at 3 in the morning there is no way I can do my job properly no matter how committed I am.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question :

Challenge 4: Ride, ride, ride

Complete at least 3 rides (on consecutive days) with a total moving time of 12 hours or more

Can I do 2 rides of 2 hours each so that it gives me 4 hours a day, repeated over 3 days ?

or is it a single ride of 4 hours in a day ?

You can do as many rides as you want as long as it's 12 hrs or more within those three days.

As nathrix ® ©™ says it's about logging 12 hours within a 3 day window. You can split those hours up over as many rides as you like, but they must all fall within 3 days.

Looking at strava and some of the 100km + rides, I see the leaderboard is doubling the distance, the riders strava account shows exactly half the data reflected on the leaderboard. 

Looking at strava and some of the 100km + rides, I see the leaderboard is doubling the distance, the riders strava account shows exactly half the data reflected on the leaderboard. 

Mine shows perfectly.

Could you PM me an example? 

The only reason I could think is that the ride itself is duplicated on Strava.

Q: Who won this years entry? 

Apologies missed this one. The winners were announced on that article here on 6 Jan

Here are the winners from the previous competition (Absa Cape Epic 2016 entries)

post-62657-0-64219200-1452082486.jpg

Could you PM me an example? 

The only reason I could think is that the ride itself is duplicated on Strava.

looks that way, the ones I looked at yesterday are now correct 

Apologies missed this one. The winners were announced on that article here on 6 Jan

Here are the winners from the previous competition (Absa Cape Epic 2016 entries)

post-62657-0-64219200-1452082486.jpg

Thank you, was sceptical to be honest.

Can someone who knows Nico please tell him that this challenge is just epic and not munga?

Nico Botha     2     300.00 km     2,586.00 m     11.5 hours

edit: or perhaps he's going on holiday next week and wants to finish the challenge this week...

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Can someone who knows Nico please tell him that this challenge is just epic and not munga?

Nico Botha     2     300.00 km     2,586.00 m     11.5 hours

edit: or perhaps he's going on holiday next week and wants to finish the challenge this week...

Maybe he rode to his holiday?