Video: Danny MacAskill - Wee Day Out

The Bike  Brew

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most inspiring and makes us all wanna ride and recall how rad it was to ride with the joy, excitement and wonder of a child.

Total RADNESS!!!

My favourite one so far. Love the natural setting, slidey tricks and chat with his dad.

The out takes were also awesome. We're quick to say "he is amazing" but it's kinda cool to realise that what we're seeing is the product of massive dedication and 300+ attempts. Makes me feel a little better about my own lack of skillz :-)

My favourite one so far. Love the natural setting, slidey tricks and chat with his dad.

The out takes were also awesome. We're quick to say "he is amazing" but it's kinda cool to realise that what we're seeing is the product of massive dedication and 300+ attempts. Makes me feel a little better about my own lack of skillz :-)

He is just the best of not killing himself in those first 300 attempts like us mortals would...

I am just glad they show some of the fails. . . Just to show he doesn't land some of the stuff the first time

I would just like to know, who can do any of these tricks and how long did it take you to learn the skill? Even a Proper Wheelie or decent Bunny hop?

I would just like to know, who can do any of these tricks and how long did it take you to learn the skill? Even a Proper Wheelie or decent Bunny hop?

For a normal rider, it takes hours and hours of practice.

Wheelies are kind of one of those things that once you've got it dialled, it's piss. Manuals and bunny hops are a bit more tricky. They take a lot more effort. I can kind of hold a manual, but can't bunny hop. To be honest, I actually haven't even practiced in a long time.

If you plan on investing time on learning some skills, spend time on manualling and bunny hopping. There skills can be applied to the trail, which can make you a faster rider. Wheelying is a parking lot trick to impress your mates.