Event Report: Weskus Fat Bike Adventure

Nick

The Weskus Fat Bike Adventure is a truly unique experience. The main focus is to enjoy the ride - there is no timing and no race positioning - riders simply head off once the last rider is ready (and when the tides allow). This approach creates a very social atmosphere in the campsite and out on the bike. - Photos by Craig Kolesky.

Click here to view the article

Thank you to the organisers, sponsors and fellow Fatbike pilots, it was a fantastic adventure ride. We thoroughly enjoyed the beach riding, painterly scenery, and the beer!

I also learnt a new trick... How to open a craft beer with your Fatbike's wheel: 

But who won?

I can't get my head around riding a bike for 2 days without knowing who won... ridiculous!

Seriously though, by all accounts and all reports from my mates who were there, this was the 'vettest' jol of the year.... Pity I missed out.

Pretty keen to sign up for next year! Maybe we will see a spike in the 'when fat bikes were cool' graph again!

But who won?

I can't get my head around riding a bike for 2 days without knowing who won... ridiculous!

Seriously though, by all accounts and all reports from my mates who were there, this was the 'vettest' jol of the year.... Pity I missed out.

Pretty keen to sign up for next year! Maybe we will see a spike in the 'when fat bikes were cool' graph again!

Your mates are right! It was the coolest jol ever. Nature, new friendships, slack Fatbike riding and chilling out won. I was also super impressed by the spontaneous cycling-chic beach fashion statements made by many of the Fatbike pilots. You are going to the beach, right?  Bright Hawaiian shirts, baggies and the hottest shades ever... Loved it.

A Weekend we will forever remember.
I have done multiple events and stage races over the last four years, but never had so much fun.
Sharing my two passions with like minded people made for unforgettable memories and plenty new friends. Go and LIKE Weskus Fat Bike and stay up to date with whats happening.!
Thanks to Craig Kolesky and his crew for this amazing experience.
10/10

I am super keen. Fatattack was awesome this year. I think my soul is really in a Fatbike.

I rode my fatbike all week this week and going to this both days this weekend as well. This new bike has stirred something in me that is new to me. As Talus summed up perfectly - his soul is really in a Fatbike and I fee exactly the same.

I rode my fatbike all week this week and going to this both days this weekend as well. This new bike has stirred something in me that is new to me. As Talus summed up perfectly - his soul is really in a Fatbike and I fee exactly the same.

Nice to hear about another Fatty convert. You should check out this guy's blog - fascinating stuff...http://coastkid.blogspot.co.za/