CRC and UK VAT

Wally39

Morning all

I am looking at buying a frame from CRC and am trying to do my maths. I know there are loads of  threads about this but could not find an answer.

UK VAT is 20%, if I order from them does this get taken off (as is the case with bikediscount.de) or will it remain on the price and I then pay SA VAT when it lands here? Or does this get off set to pay for the shipping, as this is included in the purchase?

Makes a bit of a difference but in the greater scheme of things is not a deal breaker. I just like knowing exactly how much I will be paying (well at least my wife does)

Thanks guys

Morning all

I am looking at buying a frame from CRC and am trying to do my maths. I know there are loads of  threads about this but could not find an answer.

UK VAT is 20%, if I order from them does this get taken off (as is the case with bikediscount.de) or will it remain on the price and I then pay SA VAT when it lands here? Or does this get off set to pay for the shipping, as this is included in the purchase?

Makes a bit of a difference but in the greater scheme of things is not a deal breaker. I just like knowing exactly how much I will be paying (well at least my wife does)

Thanks guys

PING  Lex !!

If you on ther CRC webpage and you have your shipping address as SA the prices shown will be less the 20% UK VAT.

You then need to add roughly 15.4% for VAT and handling fee.  Do a forum search, there are many threads on calculating duties when importing

Edited by shaper

When you place the order you should be able to designate the purchase without UK VAT being levied as it will constitute an export supply.

Upon entry you will be levied with the following:

- Import duty levied at 0%
- Local VAT levied at 14%
- Environmental duty (Minor)

Morning all

Thanks guys

CRC does deduct VAT but then set it off against the transport fee.  I recently bought a complete bike from the UK from another shop:  I paid 0% UK VAT but then 300 pounds shipping costs.  So do your calc and check other shops' shipping fees to see if you still get a good deal from CRC.

From a few quick calcs, CRC deducts c 9% when changing from UK to SA delivery.

There is no import duty on a frame only - just make sure you do not put ANY clothing or shoes in the same order - those attract 45% import duties and SARS have sometimes then lumped all items as clothing and then all items attracted the 45% duty.

A frame will only be VAT and a small admin fee.

Edited by carrera4s

Make sure you select SA and ZAR on the CRC website. The price you see is excluding UK VAT.

No import duties on bike spare so when it lands you will pay SA VAT and a clearing fee.

Good luck.

Excellent, thanks guys. So essentially, VAT gets removed from the price and I then pay 15.4 % this side.

Shot

From a few quick calcs, CRC deducts c 9% when changing from UK to SA delivery.

that's really BS, so they really charge a premium to overseas customers,

To be extra clear: If you have set your shipping destination as SA then nothing further will be deducted - it is already excluding UK VAT.

To be extra clear: If you have set your shipping destination as SA then nothing further will be deducted - it is already excluding UK VAT.

Ja, just checked on their site with the settings for ZARs and destination SA. Comes to the same amount as taking the £ amount and using the current ROE. At least shipping is included.

Still a fair deal, I recon.

Excellent, thanks guys. So essentially, VAT gets removed from the price and I then pay 15.4 % this side.

Shot

Closer to 16% total but yes.

No UK VAT plus 14% here and then about 2% additional for don't know what.

Try avoid ParcelForce for the frame.

I ordered on with the middle shipping option on the list. Came via SAPO but was tracked and arrived within about 2 weeks no problems...About 2 months ago :)

• 3 months later...

So I did some trawling through all their T&C's and finally found that their prices are exclusive of UK VAT, so you will not get any further discount from the stated price. Not sure what happens if you get it delivered to the UK and then ship from there.

Ended going with Parcelforce for the frame. I thought 130 GBP could be better spent elsewhere. Ordered on 29/11 and recieved it on 12/01. Wrong time of year for a speedy delivery, sat at customs for 3 weeks.